• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frabill Pro Thermal Tip Up Question

hip_hop_fisherman

I got one of them Frabill Pro Thermal Tip Ups for christmas, and ever since I opened it the reel handle/trip bar kept coming off, is that common? Needless to say I lost it this weekend and was wondering if there is away I can get a new piece for it or do I have to buy another tip up? Can anyone think of something I can use to make it work without getting a new one? Think I'm going to stick to the old wood ones. There aren't as technical but they get the job done!

I've got four of them that I have been using for about 3yrs now and havn't had any problems yet. Sounds like you got a lemon. I wonder if there is a warranty on them. Might want to check the Frabill site.

------------------
Jimmy

HHf
You got a lemon,take it back.I have a dozen of them ,some several years old no problems.Mabey if they wont take it back frabil will send you a new piece and just epoxy it on!
Good luck

------------------
Try Too Fish
Forced Too Work!!:)

I use both hole cover tip-ups and the open hole style. For reason's I can't explain, I prefer the open hole design. Like I say, I can't explain why I like working with them better. However, I don't like the hole freezing up.

Solution: I tried Stone Legacy's FreezeBees this weekend in conjunction with my traditional style tipups. They are the perfect solution to hole freeze up issues. No need to buy a bunch of new hole cover tipups. The FreezeBees are kind of like an upgrade or patch for your old tipups.

Plus, I used them for kneeling pads as well on the ice. Can't beat a dual purpose product.

------------------
Ray Esboldt
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Reguarding the open hole tip-up. My dad showed me this trick. Cut a peice of carpeting (dark color works best) about 12X12 inches. Make a cut in the middle of one side to the center. At the center, cut a small hole at the end of the cut from the side just big enough for the tip-up shaft to extend down into the hole. Place over hole to prevent freeze up and use carpet to kneel on for that lucky bite. Whalaaa... One other thing: slide a button on your line going thru both holes on the button. After marking the bottom move the button to about a foot from the spool or whatever disired depth above bottom you wish to fish and wind line to the button.

Good fishing!

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

You can check out Frabill's site at:
http://frabill.com

They have great customer service and I'm sure they would be only too happy to hear form you and take care of your problem.

Great folks there at Frabill.