• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

so who all uses this site?

jascher20

Lots of good info on all of us. I am Andy Weyer, 34 Live in Roseville on the "farm". Married and Hunt and fish as often as possible. I work for a major University in the Twin Cities. Cannot say enough good about the guys I have met from FM. I have just started to meet them too! Always looking for a new/another fishing partner or hunting buddy.

Still looking for the ideal job but making due for now. [email protected]

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys,
looks like we are from all walks of life on this site, and i think thats one thing i like about fishing. i dont think i've ever met a fisherman i didnt like..
now that i go to school in fargo i'm hitting the ice pretty hard up here. practically three days a week. if any of you guys live or wanna travel to this area let me know. i'll fish cormorants, Pelican lake area, Detroit lakes. as well as Ashtabula and Devils lakes in ND.
[email protected] all my stuff is up here and ready to go
gophish.

Jarrod Olson here. I am the Economic and Community Development Director for the City of Wadena (where I live with my wife and our dogs). I grew up and went to school in Moorhead (Moorhead State), and learned to fish at my grandparent's cabin on Big McDonald lake (Vergas/Dent area).

Blaze here. Now a resident of St. Michael, MN - married with 3 kids and one pheasant machine of a dog (Sadie). Currently doing database work (8 years), but looking to change careers altogether at some point (hopefully soon).

Grew up in TRF and got infected with the fishing bug on the river behind our house at a very young age. Caught lots of walleyes at the dam in town, used to catch sunnies/gills with an ice cream pail (that's another story) and lots of pike on the most obnoxious lures I could find.

Seems like as I get older, my toys get more expensive, and I seem to catch less fish! smile.gif Spend my time now on local lakes chasin' crappies and 'eyes on ice, and love taking the boat out whenever I can in the summer for the same - especially with my 3 and 6 year old kids. We also make one trip a year to Big Sky, MT in March for playing in the snow and fly-fishing for rainbows on the Gallatin River. Gotta love that.

I'm a seasonal addict, that is, for each season, I'm addicted to something: crappies, trout, walleyes, pheasants, ducks, deer...you get the picture.

Blaze

I'm Eric--I have a lovely Wife and an 18 month-old son and 1-month old Daughter!

We live in Shorewood and we have a cabin just south of Longville, MN that we love to spend as much of our Summer time as possible at.

I'm 42 and a National Accounts Manager for an Avaya Dealer based in Eden Prairie.

I'm a MN native, and I fish (guide part time), Archery hunt for Deer and Elk and run our two Dogs, Brittany and GSP pheasant hunting in N. Dakota and Grouse in MN.

I appreciate the friendly and collective knowledge this site brings to all of us--thanks to you all!

------------------
Chells

I am Paul,

Interesting that there are so many Fishing Computer Geeks. I am one of them. I am also a fishing Resort Owner. Fun combination.

Oh I also am husband and father of 3. I love Fishing Minnesota for the information sharing and the accessibility it gives to others to learn about fishing in our great State!

------------------
Paul Ness
Three Seasons Lodge on Otter Tail Lake

I am just a guy who goes fishing who happens to have a computer.Matter of fact I think this here computer is one of the most valuable peices of fishing equipment I have.
I am a "part time" smile.gif drywaller and guide on the MN RIver for walleye and cats.
I have a wonderfull wife who lets me get away with all the hours on the water that I need.One daughter who is on her own now who used to be my best fishing partner.

------------------
Minnesota River Guided Fishing
www.mnriverguidedfishing.com
[email protected]
NPAA #863

Mark from Bemidji, 41 yrs old, married to a neat gal who likes to fish and enjoys eating it even more. Grew up in Detroit Lakes and had a Grandfather who was a Walleye nut. What patience it took to teach 3 brothers ages 5 to 10 to fish in a 12ft. Lund with a 6 horse evinrude. (Lots of big fish off of Big Detroit in the 60's) Fishing for me now is like relaxing therapy. My favorite is Fall Walleyes in October. By the way, what a great HSOforum!

Hi all. Rich from Champlin. I grew up in St Paul and the East Metro area. I work as an emergency medical dispatcher for a major medical company in the cities. I work only 3 days a week so it leaves me alot of time to get out fishing. Love to fish the Chisago Lakes area also Kabatogama in summer.

kevin here, I am 40 years young, work as a prototype machinist, and I do anything outdoors.
I have a lake cabin in palisade where I spend every weekend. I used to be a fishing guide for dan gapen, now I just love being in my skeeter out fishing for anything, be it gills, crappies, willys, or bass. I like it all.

Just moved back to the Twin Cities from Madison, WI. Grew up in St. Paul. Family has a place on Big Pine Lake near Finlayson. I'm a Nephrologist (Kidney Doctor) most of the time... Walleye, Crappie fisherman the rest of the time! 2 small daughters who don't yet like to fish with their old man. This is a fabulous site for those of us who need a "fix" but can't get out to the lake.

Welcome my name is Chad, I am a father (2 boys 5 and 2) a husband 6yrs., a former Marine former Minn. nat. guard. and a cement head. I lay block and finish concrete. I have a gsp that I love to hunt behind (pheasants). We live in Northfield and I love to fish. I like the bass in the summer and love to chase the eyes and crappies around in the winter. Heading north for the annual trip in a few weeks. I have a 8x10 out on cedar in rice co. just behind the Island from the access Will be there by 1 and plan on staying all day if any one wants to stop by. Look for a grey chev with alumm. tool boxes and a rack with A&B Cement on side.

Ive been a Minnesotan for ever, and im a male. easy as that! Im a father of 3 girls, 6-18 years of age, been with the same gal for 18 years, and have pretty much been in Becker and Ottertail Co's all my life, graduated from Battle lake in 79' and can remember a few parties where the old ski jump was, right by sand bay resort to the east. Paul Ness, you brought back some memories! Now Im in the DL. area, been here for 13 years. and love fishing here!

Hi! my name is Dunk. I live in Delta Jct, Alaska. Minus 52'F. this morning, coldest we've had so far this winter. Have gleaned alot of info from you guys off this site. I fish for pike and lake trout in remote lakes, my favorite is a 60 mile round trip ride on a snowmachine.

Hi, I'm Brian and a third year mechnical engineering student down in Mankato. I'm from Lino Lakes, and if I'm not chasin' ducks with my pooch I'm usually on the water, hard or soft it doesn't matter. And I occassionally take a day off to bowhunt.

Licensed bonded insured roofing contractor. If you get the Mankato area yellow book I'm in there! I live in Southern MN grew up in Apple Valley and New Prague so go to the southern burbs for most fishing for panfish and pike and eyes.
Great site.

My name is Dick, and I've been a user since 2000. I retired after 32 years in materials management. I am 56 years old and have been fishing and hunting since I was ten. Grew up and was drafed out of Waseca County, lived in several different states, as well as Rice County and St.Louis County. If it swims I'll fish for it. This site is FANTASTIC!!! Thanks, Rick.

My name is Ron and I grew up in Duluth where I learned to hunt and fish at an early age. I moved to Anchorage in my mid twenties and worked the pipeline for many years, and other remote jobs from Barrow to Shemya Air Force Base on the Aluetian Chain. The wildlife that I experianced over the years was fasinating, I had a full grown Timberwolf step into a bus full of workers that were throwing food to it, we would stop and feed it every day on the way to the worksite in the same spot with the bus door open, on this day someone threw a piece of meat and it landed on the top step and before I could react the Wolf was coming up the steps slowly, the whole bus was silent and I was looking into a set of blue eyes from a couple feet away that I cannot explain other than I would never want to be that close again. Everybody including the Wolf frooze for what seemed like eternity, but was probably seconds, and the Wolf turned around and exited the bus behind a slamming door.I cannot even imagine what may have happened if the Wolf had paniced in that bus full of men, needless to say that door was never opened again around wild animals. Animals in remote areas of Alaska had no fear of humans. On a job at Shemya Island which is about 40 miles from Attu, we were rebuilding the dock area and had to haul rip rap from one side of the Island to the other. There was an Operator running a Cat, not sure of the model , but it was the size of a 7 with a bucket on the front for loading rip rap on the 2 end dumps, anyways he became friends with a full size male Blue Fox that we named Charlie. Charlie would jump up on the track of the Cat and onto the seat while it was running and sit on the operators lap while he was working. We would sneak meat out of the mess hall and the operator would put it in his shirt pocket and feed Charlie from his fingers, Charlie was always gentle and never did bite. We were always afraid that Charlie would get hit by a rock falling out of the bucket, but he would always sidestep them. We had two superintendents on the project, one for personel, amd one for equipment, nobody liked the equipment super. One day the equipment super came out to the pit area with a blueprint, there were three of us present plus the super and I swear this is true. With the p/u door opened, the super opened up part of the blueprint and was leaning over his pickup seat with it when Charlie casually walked up behind him and [PoorWordUsage]ed on his pants and boots, when the super realized what was happening he kicked at him and threw rocks but Charlie was to fast for him, I thought we were going to die laughing. The Fox are protected on Shemya under federal laws and have no enemys other than Ravens getting the young once in awhile, if you do not close barrack doors they will walk in. They live trap them once in awhile to get the numbers down and move them to other Islands in the area. I am 60 years old and live south of Akeley, I fell in love with URL and fish there when ever I get a chance. The forum is great for information, and the posters are unselfish with the knowledge they freely give.

Ron

I'm Scott, I live in Owatonna and have worked at Cabela's for six years. I make a trip or two up north each year for fishing, camping and hunting. If there is a season, I usually have a tag for it. Ditch chickens were a lot of fun this year and I got my first turkey last year. Put a tag on a bow buck again last year too. I landed my first 50" musky on French Lake this summer, number 34. Took my four year old son duck hunting this fall for the first time. I asked him what he thought of the loud shotgun. He says, "cool"! My daughter and wife prefer the warm weather trips in the boat but atleast they go.
Love this site, these guys really get what the sportsmans life is all about.

Tight Lines!