• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boilerguy's misfit boat

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um.............no.

Seems like all I've been doing lately is working. As a matter of fact, I'm at work right now. This project has slowed down considerably. However, I have the day off tomorrow so I should get quite a bit accomplished.

Hopefully, with Godzilla on my side and if the stars align, I'll be on the water next weekend.

We helped a friend re-do a pontoon once. We dismantled all the railings, tore all the old flooring off, another friend helped her get the flooring back on and carpeted, then we helped get all the railings back on and I (so proud of myself) rebuilt the console area where the steering wheel and controls were. I even carpeted the console. Would never do it again, a lot of work!!

I'm not nearly as far as I wanted to be. Between work, graduations, bad weather, broken cars, blah, blah, blah the boat has, unfortunately, taken a back seat.

I did manage to get a little done today. I got the front deck almost finsished, live well cover, storage cover, and some wiring done.

It's not much, but at least it's progress.

2008_0525_171325.jpg

Godzilla willing, I'll have fore deck completed and the aft deck almost completed tomorrow. I'm waiting for my speakers to arrive then I can finish up the gunwail storage areas. Then I have to build the console.

I got a nice bit of work done today. Holy cow what a chore this has turned into. Today I got the aft casting deck all done, all the wiring for pumps and lights done, rear storage lockers done.

2008_0526_174015.jpg

This has truely turned into a labor of love. I'm starting to feel it. Soon, I'll be on the water!!!!

Yes, I put a bunch of foam under the deck. Also, if there is a small nook or crannie I put foam in it. I figure I put in twice the foam I took out. I don't plan on sinking but if something bad happens it doesn't hurt to have too much floatation.

A console was built today.

After the Memorial Day service in town, I was going to just hang out and do some work around the house. I put new brakes in my car. I planned on that taking a while but surprisingly, half hour later I was done.

I was sitting there in my boat looking confused. I knew what I wanted, I just really wasn't sure how to make it happen. That's when my neighbor Tom, the most awesome carpenter on the planet, showed up. After the token couple minutes of picking on each other, he took over. The angles and things I was trying to figure out he just eyeballed and cut. He's my hero.

2008_0527_191121.jpg

Once he put it all together with me standing there looking silly, he went turkey hunting.

After he took off is when I realized I don't have enough carpeting to finish this job so another trip to Menards is gonna have to happen.

Thanks today go out to neighbor Tom, PBR, Sprite, DeWalt tools, left over grad party BBQ sammiches, Ryobi jig saws, and Band-Aid bandages.

left over grad party BBQ sammiches

Classic! Sammiches! I loves me some sammiches.

Anyway nice work, I am impressed with your motivation/skill!

Are you sure you want to bypass the VRO? Not saying you should or shouldn't, but I know that VRO's take a lot of blame even when it's something else causing a prob. The benefit of VRO over premix is that your motor sometimes really needs less/more than the standard 50:1

I wish it was the brew meister!!! It's my livewell fill/drain.

I pondered long and hard about the whole bypass the VRO pump thing. I understand they get blamed for a lot of things they really didn't cause. Last fall mine went out on the fuel side and I fixed it. I decided to go pre-mix with Amsoil outboard just for the peace of mind, no other reason than that.

Oh yeah, I loves me some sammiches too!!!!