• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Turkey Reports 2008

Tank . . you the man!! I haven't been able to shake the free time this year for some reason. Did get out last Saturday with my son in law and we saw 6 birds but the only Tom saw something and slinked off. Boat still sitting in the driveway . . .

Well i railed my final bird yesterday am a young one with a 3" beard.Got a nice one opening morning with a 9 1/2" beard trying to get the pics straightened away somethings up with my cam.

Chef- thanks again for the superb anniversary dinner once again youve outdone yourself!

I filled outmy tags the last two days. Bearded hen 7 inch beard Friday around 10 . . .Saturday, 0600, lone tom walked about 400 yds to my set up. Never gobbled but other birds around did. Hung up at 50 yds; coaxed him in with a couple of clucks and purrs . . .came in another 10 yds and got that look like something is not right!! Starting walking to the side but made the mistake of kind of coming my way . . . shot was at 38 yds. one inch spurs, 10 inch beard, 20 pounds . . . a good last day.

Thanks guys . . .seemed like a strange year . . .no gobbles where I was sooooo, relocated 20 miles further south. Of course, it helped to have 65 degree temps early in the morning and humidity. As Jimmie said when he caught me in the halls, must have been a blind bird!!! Lee. I just noticed you asked me a question about going . . .sorry guy, just read that and if I had known, we could have hooked up. Next year for sure.

Good job. The turkeys put a whooping on me but I was hunting with the bow after my first bird on opening day and learned many things. I didn't get out as much as I like, I'm still suffering with a cough that is kicking my [PoorWordUsage] but it's starting to get better. I haven't been on much with all the house chores, work and fixing up the boat some. Hoping to start hitting the lakes and look forward to hooking up with everyone soon.