• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

This forum really taking off!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy smoley! It took me forever to get up to the cabin! The roads are really nasty! People in the ditch along #2 the closer we got to Grand Rapids. Mckinney Lake is totally ice free but it is also very small. The pellets have stopped and it's turned over to snow now. I gotta scrub the cabin this weekend to get things spiffy. What's everyone else gonna do with our Winter Weekend #3?

A couple more ideas for those antique lures, DeeDee - We had an old "Paul Bunyan 66", in the box, bought an ad for it from an old (late 40's?) magazine off hsolist and had them framed together. We also put several of Grampa's old lures on a stringer and hung them on the wall in the cabin. Keeps the old stories coming when relatives visit the cabin \:\) I'd probably leave the old hooks on them - in any case I wouldn't throw them in the lake and risk loosing them.

_MG_1476.jpg

Dockothebay - thats a great idea. I didnt really want to use them just clean them up a bit. I need to get over to his house and pick them up. The only thing that worries me is my brother and a sister dont really like to hold on to old things. They just think its junk. I'll have to get my dad to tll them to keep their hands off!!!!

Thanks Barb and DeeDee. Trying to find a way to keep cool old stuff, especially things with good memories, and to display or use it at least kind of functionally is a challenge - for me anyway - but I do love to have a little history hanging around!

I know what you mean about memories. My dad taking me down to the dock and fishing from there or just off the bank. He would make such a production if I just got a nibble. I would spend the whole day laughing at him. (and pouting everytime I caught a bull head) It wasnt as much fun when someone else came with us. Ater fishing he would get his golf clubs and take me into a small field and of course another production hittin the ball 5ft.

GREAT! now I am totaly missing it up there again. Went by Howard Lake in late 90's it sure has gotten bigger but the little town has stayed the same, even the park where i used to play. I think those were the same bouncey animal thingys that I played on at 5yrs old

They took the pickup. His boss had made a step stool for her to get into the truck with her dress on, but she told him she didn't need it. She jumped right in. grin.gif

Tractor was already hooked up to the drill and was leaving after the pictures to go out to the field. They would have liked to take it, though!

Did everyone have a great weekend? Mine was busy and I DID NOT shovel, as promised! grin.gif We got probably 5 inches of snow up at the cabin and maybe an inch here in Carlton (which is almost gone now). Got the cabin all spiffy and things are almost ready for open water. Speaking of open water, the only lakes open was McKinney (in Gr. Rapids, like I mentioned before) and Sand (along #2) but both are very small. Moose Lake is completely frozen still and Deer Lake is open maybe 10 ft from shore.

My weekend was mainly helping a Gal move & going to Church (we go to the same Church)& donating a Dresser, Big TV and a rocker-recliner. The move turned into a disaster. movers didn't show, on and on. Got it done for her though. Only 7-8 bruises.

She was mad about the movers not showing, slamming car doors, took it out on me, then I said I am just here to help her and she said she was sorry, but it really hurt. She likes me & I like her (in our mid 40's), but I am not sure about her temper, always late, extreme social butterfly and can hurt me emotionally, not sure what to do.

my weekend was not good at all. sorry to wine, but sat we lost our sheltie, a little lassie. with the snow we had she doesnt like deep snow and was in my tire track and something happened, i must of hit her with my tires cause when we got out of the truck she was laying in the rut and couldnt move. she died in my wifes arms on the way to the vet. we are really going to miss our mandy, coming in bed with us after the alarm went off snuggling between us looking for me to scratch her, her tail wiggling looking for treats, laying with us on the couch cuddled up. man this hurts, i sure miss her.

hey thanks everyone, sorry for whining, appreciate all your concerns. it is really tough getting over the firsts without her. she was such a great dog. always there and eager to please you. again thanks.

The day I let the dog out and thought the ice was gone I was wrong. mad.gif It was starting to get dark and the lake is partially open but what I was seeing was the black ice. After it snowed I looked again and low and behold there is still ice on about half the lake. Our hose is about 400 from the shoreline so it isn't always easy to see out there. So I spent the whole weekend trying to figure out how to dynamite the rest. \:o

Originally Posted By: glenn57
hey thanks everyone, sorry for whining, appreciate all your concerns. it is really tough getting over the firsts without her. she was such a great dog. always there and eager to please you. again thanks.

Glenn, I would never consider this whining. The loss of a pet is like loosing a good, close friend. It's hard to get over and time will heal. Just remember all the great time syou had with her. Sorry to hear about your loss.

thanks sandmannd, it was really tuff last nite getting home from work and not seeing her at the top of the steps excited to see me and looking for attention, then having to take her food and kennel out of the house after being there for 5 1/2 years. she would of been 6 on may 20th. friends of ours said to getting another sheltie would help with the pain even thuogh the memory is still there. so we now have a 8 week old new sheltie named star and it is helping. now to turn the hurt into having good memories and remembering the good times and fun with mandy. she will not be forgotten.