• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A first for me (a weekend full of firsts on FM)

Until Mr. Lentz showed his beautiful image of the Horned Grebe, I'd never seen one. Now I have my own image. grin.gif Not quite as nice but for my first I'll take it. Also, there's a pair of Ruddy ducks and a Pied Billed Grebe. It was a fun afternoon.

20080420Birds_5458-ppcopy.jpg

20080420Birds_5442-ppcopy.jpg

20080420Birds_5443-ppcopy.jpg

20080420Birds_5454-ppcopy.jpg

Those shots are all super. These duck shots are just as good as any that I've seen anywhere. I don't see how they could be any better.

Footnote: I attempted to get a first of a yellow headed blackbird, but failed. For some silly reason, this species of blackbird is much more skittish than it's cousins.

My sister lives in Milbank which is about as far into SD as I care to go. Although I'll be going to the Black Hills this June with the family. Not looking for to the first 400 miles of that drive.

Good Luck though. I hope you come back with some good stuff.

What's another 40 miles? grin.gif Actually, I'll be going to Milbank tomorrow for a delivery for the printshop.

I'll be going "hunting" in about 2 weeks. I just hope the baltimore and orchard orioles, eastern and western kingbirds, rose breasted grosbeaks and eastern wood pewees have shown up by then. Tempted yet? grin.gif I'm afraid if I wait too long, the foliage will be so thick, it'll be too hard to spot the birds.