• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hotrods, Muscle Cars and Unique Vehicles! Any F.M.ers Have T

I have another passion that ranks right up with Fishing and Hunting. It is old cars and trucks.

I have a 1936 Chevy Coupe and go to many car shows threw out the season. I have heard some F.M.ers talk about cars they own, but I have never seen anything discussed before.

I figured I would try the Entertainment Forum and see if any other F.M.ers have a ride.

I also will start going to car shows and will report back. I go to car shows all over the Metro, St. Cloud and Brainerd. Last year I wondered if any of the cars parked next to me where fellow F.M.ers.

I also Love the Anoka, St Francis shows and have blown down the Midway a couple times each year.

So let me know and show your ride.

Spring time is not just all about open water; it is the time for the Street Machines to start poking out.

Shack

I had to sell mine due to financial stress. I had a 64 BelAir. Straight 6, 3 on the tree, 4 doors and all original. It only had 32k on it when I bought it. I went to Anoka quite a few times, and always went to BTT50s. My parents have cars too. Step dad has two 64 Impala SS's. One is a maroon 409 and the other is a Teal Blue Pro-Street car with a blown 468. My mom has a 46 Chevy 1/2 ton Pro-Street pickup with a blown 454. Uncles have a few too, 69 Z28 with a 502, an old Willys with a 427, a Studebaker that is chopped and dropped.

Here is the project I am going to work on with my lil buddy. My dad's first truck, sittin on the farm in Arkansas. '56 F-100 Flathead V-8 truck. Hasn't run in 20+ years, but we have all the replacement glass in the barn and I am just waiting til Hunter can turn a wrench, or at least pretend to. I have big plans for this truck, and already looking for parts I need.

2422534910_5b23d1c1c2.jpg

2421722995_7af83cc2b4.jpg

Here are pics of some of the other cars in the family.

Blown 468 SS

2421724217_21a1e66825.jpg

64 SS 409

2422535788_4afa7e6cf2.jpg

Mom's truck

2421723509_44d3e3fc36.jpg

I didn't post it up last night, but I am pretty sure you saw my step dad's semi truck at Anoka at the closing of the 06 season. He had the big truck up on the hill with a flatbed trailer that the band was set up and playing on.

We spend a good amount of time at shows each summer. If I ain't fishin, I am at a car show. I really wish I wouldn't have had to sell my 64 though. That thing was the nicest original I have seen.

By the way, my parents are up at the St. Francis show just about every Friday night, so that might be one of the places you recognize the cars from. I was up there a time or two as well.

Do you know Steve and Kathy Erikson from St. Francis? They have the blown pro-street 57. Gotta love summer parties at their place, drag race down the drive way. grin.gif

Yes, I have met Steve briefly a couple times now. I would say actually more than a couple times. I seen him for the first time a couple summers ago up at a show in Princeton (the centennial one time show, not the airport) and then I just seen him last year in Duelm. He is good friends with some close car freak friends I have from the Pair A Dice cruisers car club. He might even be a member him self, if not he knows of the club.

I've had a few hot rods in my life, and got into a bit of trouble in all of them. smile Ah, to be young and in a fast car again.

Here's my new baby. It's no hot rod but holy cow is it fun to drive. 68 Fury 3. She's all original except the wheels, which are darn near impossible to find. Factory air, am radio, and everything works including the tiny little side running lights. Driving this car brings back many memories of my childhood, at the Hub drive in theatre in Wyoming, with a pillowcase full of popcorn, in my jammies.

Fury1.jpg

Cool Ride B.G...

It is in very nice condition and I would be proud to call it my own.

I thought I had read one time you had a ride!

Thanks for sharing!

I have owned a few older cars that were in the muscle group from that era. I sure wish I still owned them now.

My favorite was a 1969 Roadrunner rag top. Man, that was a sweet ride and fast.

Tom,

I can not tell ya how many times I have heard that grin.

Send them to [email protected] !

I can post them for you?

Cool cars dude. I know someone who owns the same combo. He has two Fairlanes and ones a drag car. The other is a work in progress. He has a 90 or 91 mustang that is all out race.

1957 chev 210 post, restored original except the paint color...

factory color was that puke green that they had back then. I've painted it Medium Quasar Blue Metallic on the bodyh, and mixed a custom pale blue with the body color and pearl white metallic for the roof.

Don't have any digital pics of the ride, but as soon as I can scan them or take a new one with the digicam, I'll get it posted.

My pop has 2 57's, a Townsman Station wagon restored 95% original, and an Bel Aire post sedan restored 100% original.

yup I do know the drill for posting, I just have paper photos only of the cars at this time.... I could tape them to the screen, but they're a little tough to view on your end. wink