• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who's Stuck Where

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have had my cheerios and strawberries, and am now snacking on raw asparagus. I looked out on the deck and there looks to be about 8 inches, very little wind here, quite surprising. This stuff is lighter in texture than last time, the last stuff was huge flakes. It almost looks like it is dying down. Got the big honking truck unstuck (pull it out with the Escape \:D ) then my nice neighbor plowed out the end of the driveway real nice, so a little work with the blower and we should be good to go. Our old house in the cities had a 75 foot driveway and we used to always complain about blowing it out. Here we have one that is 350 feet long, and by next winter we are going to have a plow on the 4 wheeler!!!!! eek.gif

I guess I will chime in as well. 2" of slush with snow the size of golf balls in St. Francis area. I am "House Sitting" at my parents place with my daughter. Which really just means I am leaving my house empty to take care of yours and your pets. But I get to spend the weekend with my daughter so it all evens out.

Going a little stir crazy though. I have been threw all of the Archery equipment twice, the ice fishing has been packed, the open water gear has had a going over and a wish list has been made.

Winter may be my favorite season, but it is getting old.

Workin' here. Was hoping I would be drifted in this morning so I could have a good excuse to stay home. Darn snow was too heavy to drift. Got about 8" or so. The flip side is that I didn't have to waste a vacation day for nothing. Save it for a day of fishing this summer.

Bob

Little Falls, over a foot to be sure. I knew last night that I would not be going to work but overslept a bit to call in, oh well, not like it is a surprise. Thick, wet and heavy snow. Now just enjoying a free day at home!

Looking like the storm has done petered out. I went to fix lunch and I heard a noise outside, it was my nice neighbor plowing my driveway!! I was gonna go out after lunch and hit it with the snowblower, heck now I can finish my taxes instead. It has stopped snowing here and the winds are only 13mph which is a darn sight better than Duluth has been getting. \:D

Sheeesh!!! It looks like the storm double backed on us and it is snowing again. I am going to take a nap and hope that when I wake up this has been just a bad dream. sick.gif

It just keeps retrograding back onto the region. I live south of Duluth and we still have very high mph wind gusts but it's not snowing too badly right now but I don't expect this lull to last for long. And I'm stuck inside watching the Masters! tired.gifcry.gif\:\/

Originally Posted By: LisaTealz
And I'm stuck inside watching the Masters! tired.gifcry.gif\:\/

You could always cook your husband come chocolate chip cookies. grin.gif Or, you could cook him a nice meal. Or, you could get him some chips and salsa. Or, you could give him a back rub. The list of things you could do for your hubby, and get you away from golf, is endless. grin.gif

I'm really gonna get it now. grin.gif

Well, I'm here in Nebraska...I think its safe to say that Mother Nature is going thru a vicious cycle of menopause...rainy windy cold here while in western nebraska, wet and heavy snow, causing some roads to be closed! I feel for you guys in Minn! Dang...Isnt it supposed to be April Showers brings May Flowers?!?!?!? with some warmth??? LOL

You guys could always make snow ice cream!!! Just make sure u dont get the yellow stuff!

Throw in a little driveway dirt, and you have your crunchy topping to boot! \:D Sorry, eating snow just doesn't quite cut it for me.Maybe it is because I don't get that pure,northern Minnesota snow here where I am at, like you folks get there.

Hey, my reply was more a reflection of the sloppy,goopy,muddy mess in my front yard and driveway, right now.If folks like to make snow sundaes, more power to 'em! Sometimes thoughts just pop up in a reply, on a forum. grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Iambjm
Well I have had my cheerios and strawberries, and am now snacking on raw asparagus.

Well, I am snacking on Miller High Life,but I am not snowed into my place, either. grin.gif

Originally Posted By: rockman
 Originally Posted By: Iambjm
Well I have had my cheerios and strawberries, and am now snacking on raw asparagus.

Well, I am snacking on Miller High Life,but I am not snowed into my place, either. grin.gif

That's OK I wouldn't trade all this snow to be back in all that traffic on 169 or Hwy 10 grin.gif

Hwy. 10 wasn't all that bad today,mostly wet,but not slippery, or too sloppy.There are days,however, that packing up the stuff and heading to environs like where you're at is really inviting.Believe me, I have thought about it once, or twice. grin.gif Home is home, for now.Nice,warm spring like temps in the 60's and 70's would be nice,like really,really,soon!