• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Opinions On Video

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

We're going to shoot some ice fishing action. Before we do, we would like you to watch this video we shot and share your opinions.

Bear in mind the idea was to video Dave and Richard. I was only there to keep the boat under control for the video guy. Then the video guy stuck an ice rod in my hand..well just watch and share your opinion.

Would you like to see us do some ice fishing action video real life and share it in the Video Forum here?

Click the appropriate connection speed to watch about 7 minutes of big bluegill action.

Test Video 56k modem - CLICK To Watch
256k - Click To Watch (High Speed Internet)

To download and save the video for later viewing: Right Click on your mouse and choose "Save Target As".

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 12-08-2003).]

The video worked great on my computer. Fun to watch. Was good quality. I would enjoy watching ice fishing videos if you put them in the forums. Let's see a 30 inch walleye on camera!!

------------------
"A trophy is in the eye of the beholder"

The board is moving fast this morning.

Still looking to see what kind of interest there is in having some ice fishing videos in streaming video format as the one above.

That would make the site that much better.
Maybe some underwater winter action, on a metro lake, With the items that the site promotes-that would be awesome!! 30 inch Eye hitting a A.E.- I want your job(pro staffers)

[Note from Rick: WhaTT, you wouldn't be able to pay the bills. The Pro Staffers do the FishingMN Pro Staff deal because they love sharing info with you guys. It has to be because they sure aren't being paid anything to do it.]

[This message has been edited by WhaTT! (edited 12-08-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 12-08-2003).]

I think it would be awsome, and think of the new members we could attract. Like they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes it is hard to picture how something works, like the rock-n-reels, and it would be so easily explained in a video. I love to watch anything on ice fishing and as everyone knows there aren't a lot of shows that devote much time to it. I think this is a great next step for our forums Rick. If you could make the video downloadable it would help with clarity and you could pull the video up as many times as you wanted an veiw it again. AWESOME!!!!!

I added instructions in the first post on how to download for those of you who can get a better viewing experience that way.

Is this all the interest we have in Ice Fishing Videos for you to watch, possibly even take part in?

I agree that this should be done on the ice. Also, some aqua-vu footage would be nice. It wouldn't hurt to compare some real bait to bio-bait either. I couldn't tell what the other guys had on their jigs. Was it nothing at all and were they fishing with the same jig. Just being devils advocate here. I think bio-bait is a great idea and wish you the best of luck.

Nope, this was an issue before. I'm not sure what the problem is. Might be on my servers end. All audio no video. My WM is fully updated. How hard would it be to stream in QT for you guys? Seems to be more reliable IMO.
Rick, streaming media is sweet at broadband speed(mice are still propelling my internet signals across copper here in Ely). Bring it on!

chunk

[This message has been edited by chunkytrout (edited 12-09-2003).]

I enjoy fishing videos and have about 20 to my name and have access to others through friends and the henn co library. I think adding video to the site would have value to those with high speed access.

At first I was wondering what the product was with using ice rods on bio bait, then realized the bait was the product. Using the ice rods on open water may distract, but if they are a client in the video, great.

Video was good, but the volume seemed to vary between the people, and there were some distracting background sounds like beeping that may be able to be removed.

The other point is one guy caught all the fish. Rick, you the man!! Were you the only one using biobait or are you that much better of a fisherman? If everyone catches, I think you sell more of the bait and less of your outstanding fishing skill.

My biobait question is do you need to presoak them-I get the impression they are dry. How long does it take to soak? Do other species take them as readily? I think convenience is a big selling point as you no longer have to mess with getting live bait ahead of time-finding a nearby baitstore that is open when you go in the morning. That and the hassle of taking a tippy minnow bucket out on the ice and moving and not spilling.

Just some questions/ideas.

Yep MAC. In no way was I saying MP isn't reliable. It just gets sticky on the mac platform. Alot of streamers offer both. I know it's more work and all but DARN IT, I want to see the videos! Hey, email me RE DV stuff. I mess around quite a bit with it.

chunk

[This message has been edited by chunkytrout (edited 12-10-2003).]

Rick, I think the video option has endless opportunities. Great way to introduce new products on the site, How to video's for the rookies and the more experienced, video the get togethers with some of the highlights of the event. Overtime you can have a video library in place. For Christmas this year I am thinking of picking up one of those camcorders that fits in the palm of your hand and video records to a chip vs a tape. Is that what you are using to do these downloads. Just curious