• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnetonka Crappie Tournament Info??

I assume you're talking about the one sponsored by Gander Mountain? It's been a few years since I've done it, but I think you can launch and start fishing whereever and whenever you want, and you just need to have your fish to the weigh-in at Fletchers on time. They go by biggest fish, so if you don't get a big one there's not even a need to turn in your fish.

In reading some of your posts I see you fish with your kid, I think that contest also has a kid's division.

It has a kids division. Fished in it last year. Lots of Kids. It is in support of the Lymphoma/Leukemia Society of MN.

I don't think its posted on the Gander site yet, but if you stop in a store they have the info, also KFAN has it on their site.

As for a canoe, I think you would be ok in Black and Seton bays, but if you do have a big fish, getting to Fletchers might pose an issue. If its not as warm as last year, alot of the cruisers wont be out making huge wakes.

I may have an extra seat or two in my boat......Drop me an e-mail.

Hey with the canoe, at least you won't have to wait at the launch sites as this can take a while. That can and usually is a pain in the .... The few times I went out, it looked like a lot of unprepared people at the launch sites. Never again.

Thanks guys. My question was more to the weigh in. Can I, for example, fish in Halsteds Bay, catch a fish, and drive to the weigh in location? Or, must I go to the weigh in station via the lake & boat? Thanks for your help!

Originally Posted By: blackdog1101
Thanks guys. My question was more to the weigh in. Can I, for example, fish in Halsteds Bay, catch a fish, and drive to the weigh in location? Or, must I go to the weigh in station via the lake & boat? Thanks for your help!

I'm pretty sure you don't have to boat the fish over to Fletchers, you can drive over there with your fish in your vehicle. The boat parking can get pretty nuts over there anyway, seems like there's people coming from all directions. Not that the vehicle parking is that much better grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Aces In The Hole
Does anyone have a web link or any info on this tourney like the fee and other stuff?

Since linking is a no-no..

Quote:
Anglers, families, and outdoor enthusiasts can take part in the 41st annual Gander Mountain Crappie Contest. Join Gander Mountain, KFAN, Minn Kota and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in the fight against blood cancers by taking part in the Contest Saturday, April 26.

The family-friendly event takes place at Lord Fletcher's on Lake Minnetonka, with prizes for the heaviest fish, raffles, and a live and silent auction. Fishing can begin at 12:01 a.m. on April 26, with the final weigh-in before 2 p.m. that day. There is a $5 preregistration entry fee ($6 on-site). All money collected will be donated to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

You can win great prizes! Prizes awarded for crappies include an Old Town Canoe kayak, Minn Kota Autopilot trolling motor and a Hummingbird GPS fishfinder. Raffles for a dune buggy and outdoor equipment will take place at noon along with a live auction for a fishing trip to Tetu Island Lodge for 2 (includes a 3 night stay and $500 in Holiday Gas cards).

Bring your family! There are special junior division prizes for children ages 12 and under, plus a free tackle pack giveaway. Seven year-old Abby Thoma is just one of the many children diagnosed with blood cancer who will be fishing in the contest.

To register or for more information, contact Julie Freniere-Gibson at (763) 545-3309, ext. 116 or visit one of the eight Gander Mountain locations. Stores are located in Lakeville, Forest Lake, Blaine, Maple Grove, Eden Prairie, St. Cloud, Mankato, and Woodbury. Go to (Link Removed) for store directions.

Sponsors include:

* Gander Mountain

* Park Printing

* KFAN

* Lord Fletcher's

* Minn Kota

* Hummingbird

* Tetu Island Lodge

* Dazon

* Holiday

* Frabill

* Old Town Canoe

* Eagle Claw

* Plano

* Rapala

* Shakespeare

* Stearns

Shoot me an email if you would like a link to the site or a list of the rules and regulations for the tournament.

I would guess it will be post-poned this year because of the late ice out, its happened before and this year looks like it will happen again. Even if the ice goes out a day or 2 before the tourney, the fishing wont be hot for another week. Will be interesting if they do not move it a little later.

You are at an advantage with a canoe, trust me. We last did it in the mid-90s and after driving around looking for parking and looking to avoid huge launch lines, we finally said screw it and carried our 12' row boat across a park nowhere near a launch and into the water and found easy parking. This was before the large ramps at Maxwell and Gray's were open so it was a tough time to launch at a busy time like the crappie tournament.