• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strutter!

For you fans of the band KISS, I figured the title worked.

I was on my way back to the office today, I stopped at a few of my lil' local ponds to find them chock full of Wood Ducks, but to my surprise came across this Tom Turkey strutting his stuff with a large harem of females. Lucky guy!

95303971.jpg

Thanks guys! I must admit that I usually don't get too excited about my own efforts, I was thrilled with this as I was totally lucky! I mean I spend a ton of time making sure everything is just right when I go out and take pics ie... background, color coordinating, angle of shot etc... and then I'm driving back to work (I come home at lunch) and this guy is following around his harem!!! I was like you must be kidding!! The only work I had to do is quick take off my 1.4x TC as I was so close and position my car so that I had a decent BG... oh, I also had to open up the aperture as it was low light... not too tough, just lucky to be in the right place at the right time. Glad I had my camera with!! grin.gif

Those are excellent pictures! Very sharp and bright colors! Awesome job!

I know what you mean by being lucky to be in the right place at the right time...I love it when that happens. Lately things haven't gone my way. It's been pretty quiet around here.

Great shots Mike!

Originally Posted By: jnelson
How much?

Unbelievable. Want to come with on a hunt or five?

Shoot me an email at nels1945 at umn.edu

If Foss didn't live in Canada I'd be hounding him grin.gif

Joel

Thanks, Joel. I'll shoot you an e-mail. Hopefully your not too far away.

Originally Posted By: Deitz Dittrich
Great shots Buzzie... Need him to walk by me here in a few weeks... LOL

My thoughts exactly!

Originally Posted By: stfcatfish
It's sweet when things all come together like that. Great shots, buzz. But, as you always say, chance favors a prepared mind. grin.gif

I was a lucky dog!! RUFF RUFF blush.gif

Dukhnt, I always see them in Savage along Hwy 13 in the River Valley eating or chewing on small stones along the road. I'll bet if somebody set up in a blind and tossed some cracked corn down in an area for a few days you could get some nice images.