• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shot my first ever round of Sporting Clays today..

Kylersk

Went down to the Horse and Hunt club out of Prior Lake.

It was alot of fun but boy do I need practice. I only hit 16 out of 50 clays. League starts this Wednesday so I'm pretty pumped up to do it some more.

I too am starting a new league. I have never shot sporting clays before and am really looking forward to it. Im sure my shooting will be miserable but It's more for practice for next fall then competition. They guys I'm shooting with have never shot sporting clays before either so it will be very interesting.

Last year was my first year shooting Sporties. Like you guys, my first round was something like 20 out of 50. It wasn't long before I shot a 42 and would average in the mid 30's. It's a lot of fun. I also shoot at the Horse and Hunt Club. The best piece of advice I got was: DON'T STOP - KEEP THE GUN MOVING.

I forgot this advice 2 weeks ago and shot a 19 - very humbeling blush.gif

Arn't sporting clays fun?!?!?!?

Talk about humbling though. This is a shooting sport that both lets you know how bad of a shot you are and makes you a MUCH better shot.

Prior to hunting season I go to a range near my place and shoot a few rounds. It's made me a WAY better shot. I've noticed more kill shots on ducks and ringnecks since I've been doing this. Plus, it's just flat out a ton of fun.

I remember the first time the two "bunnys" zipped by right in front of me. Didn't even get the gun up. blush.gif Looked at the guys behind me and asked "WOW! Did you see that? \:D

I think it gives a guy more confidence when hunting season comes around. But if you think about it, the clay birds are doing the opposite of real birds. Real birds are gaining speed when you shoot, clay birds are decreasing in momentum. I think Sporties gives you confidence, gets you to always swing and keep moving your gun, and makes you bring the gun up the same way each time.

And above all else, Sporties are a lot more fun than golf!

It took me over a year, but I shot my first true pair with one shot last night.

Bunnies are tough. I try to stay out front and shoot low, you never know, the sand/gravel may hit the clay and break it. I hate it when you have the bead on, pull the trigger, and the darn thing hops 2' in the air \:o

The league I joined had a fun shoot this last weekend. It was a blast.(Pun intended) We shot two rounds I shot a 25 & a 26. The first station I shot at I missed every shot. The guys that run it say the average for the first time out for someone with an average amount of shot gun expirence usually shoot a 12-13. Im pretty confident I will be able to score Mid 30's after a little more time behind the gun. I think I'm hooked and will be doing this alot.