• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Odd Deer ? (pic)

I came across dozens of deer this morning and of course took a few images but saw a deer in the herd with some odd features(the deer on the right in the first image)....swollen looking mouth and after examining my images ...it appears the deer has a "mane"...looks like it's related to a mule...lol! grin.gif....even the coloration is different,more gray than brown and the shoulders look more massive....what the heck kind of deer we lookin at here!....(maybe a sick one) grin.gif...I have about 15 pics of this deer(digiscoped at about 150 yards)

Frame_DSCN0921-1.JPG

Frame_DSCN0931copy.jpg

added photo...deer from the same batch as above....must have an itch something fierce! grin.gif

Frame_DSCN0917-2.JPG

looks fine, just has a thick winter coat and starting to shed it. Some deer tend to winter harder than others depending what kind of rutting activity they went through. If this is a mature buck he probably was a aggresive fighter. I can't see the swelling on the face. It is more than likely a injury from fighting.

Your probably right Talltines....just an haggered out,beat up ole sway backed buck thats seen better days! grin.gif...looks a "tat" gaunt in the haunches to I'd say...been a tough winter on this ole guy! grin.gif

here's another front view of thee ole "horse face" buck..

Frame_DSCN0895-3.JPGgrin.gif

Couldn't tell in the first photo, but in the last one, he does look to be in rough shape. Probably whatever is causing the swelling in his jaw is hindering his feeding?

Looks to me to be an old buck.