• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV Poker Run

Roofer

Surprised this wasn't on here yet. Got this in an email.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1st annual Giitt--R--Done Poker Run

Hosted by: Open Trails ATV Club

Saturday, May 31, 2008

$20.00 entrance fee *CASH ONLY*

Winner gets ½ of the pot

Poker Run: 11:00 - 3:00

Winner announced at 3:15 PM sharp at McQuoids

Must be present to win

Must be 18 or older to participate

Parking is available in the lot in Isle on the corner of 17 & 27, Snake River Campground, or the city of Red Top

Participants must stay on designated trails at all times

Questions contact: Shawn Leach at 612-282-2637

-----------------------------------------------------------------

4wanderingeyes, is this the weekend you planned for Wisconsin?

I was wrong. My graduations are the week before. But I did receive an e-mail from the DNR today that there is a Trails Ambassador Training course to be held at Cabelas in Rogers that day. I guess I know what I'll be doing.

I guess I better renew my ATVAM membership.

Stupid question here: What is a poker run? I think its something where you ride from bar to bar and at each stop you get a card, have a drink, then on to the next. Then that the end of the day whoever has the best hand wins?

If so what bar's are in on the deal?

no bars, no drinking.

The poker runs that I've seen have check stations along the trails and you get a card at each station. At the end of the day, whoever has the best hand wins.

Originally Posted By: MNexpoler
Stupid question here: What is a poker run? I think its something where you ride from bar to bar and at each stop you get a card, have a drink, then on to the next. Then that the end of the day whoever has the best hand wins?

If so what bar's are in on the deal?

That's the way the snowmobile ones were. Sounds like this is different.

Originally Posted By: Roofer
You could swing by my place afterwards and have a few if you like. \:D

Or we could ride up to my family's hunting land north of McGrath. Fire, drink, eat. I know that area from Isle to Moose Lake and beyond like the back of my hand. ;\) I could show people some great "off the beaten path trails" but the DNR has really clamped down back there as far as what you can do and ride. But theres still some good places.

I have a small enclosed trailer. And if I go I would also be bringing mt kayak in it to do some fishing.

So sorry, but that wouldn't work. Am looking forward to meeting a bunch of you guys thou.

Does anyone know how long a ride it is? Can a hubby and wife come as a team, I have a 2 up we both ride on? Would we each pay or just one?

Giving this a lot of thought.

Barb

Or we could ride up to my family's hunting land north of McGrath. Fire, drink, eat. I know that area from Isle to Moose Lake and beyond like the back of my hand. ;\) I could show people some great "off the beaten path trails" but the DNR has really clamped down back there as far as what you can do and ride. But theres still some good places.

Near the Solana State Forest? I see there are trails there now.

Near the Solana State Forest? I see there are trails there now.

Yup in the Solana State forest. There working a trail system back there I dont know if they will ever get it done. But they have been building trails back there. If they can link it up with the Soo line(which they may do) then it would be a pretty good trail system.