• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Seat Post Style On Crestliner's

Musky_Madness

Does anyone happen to know if you can buy the seat pedestals from anywhere besides the dealer for Crestliner? Butt seats are $200 for just the seat and the post is another $175, plus an additional $40 for the mounting bracket. I don't care to spend $400+ for a lean to post to fish from.

Musky and Leech,

All you need to do is find a post that fits the Crestliner base. It's a pretty common size, and I had no problem finding mine. However, you will not find seats with the Crestliner logo from anywhere but Crestliner. I don't know how important that is to you.

I will say that I have been very pleased with the Crestliner seats that came with my boat. They have held up very well on the current boat as well as my previous boat.

Hopefully they call before this weekend. I'm waiting on my travel cover thats on back order. When it comes in I'm heading up to St. Cloud to pull her home.

Can't wait! Bring on the warmer weather!

I have a 2002 1650 fishhawk with four seats,two from crestliner and two from cabelas.The two crestliner seats are shot but the two cabelas seats are still good as new.I would like to have all crestliner seats in the boat but cant justify it.

Dont you just have Springfield or Swivl-eze pedestals? I just got 3 power pedestals off that auction site for $160 for 3 brand new ones-they came with bases also but i didnt need them just a package deal. Cabelas, gander ,fleet farm, and bass pro all have them.

A friend with a Fishhawk went through the same thing, he was looking for a stand-up pedestal for a butt seat and would have had to order it through Crestliner to get the right pedestal.

I think he eneded up buying an after-market pedestal and base and replaced the seat base in his boat ---- not completely sure about that but I think that's the route he took.

I have a 2005 1750 FH and I replaced the seat bases on the front and rear decks with Springfield Plug-In bases. Then I got 2 Tan Springfield "Banana" style butt seats. They realy work nice. Only problem is that I can not use the folding seats on the front or rear deck. I really like the banana seats because of the fact that I can lock them so that they do not spin, which really helps when fishing in big waves.

I did have to do some grinding to make the hole bigger in the floor so the Springfield base would fit, but it was not a big deal. I did this in 2005 and it cost me $400 then for both seats and bases.

I have an 1850 Fishhawk. I ended up buying a springfield pedestal. It fits in the base fine even though the base is for a swivel eez post. It does not lock in but it is not going anywhere. You could tape the bottom if you wanted to tighten the fit. I did buy the Crestliner butt seat to go on it though because I wanted it to match. I got the pedestal at cabelas.

Are you serious!!! You can only buy the posts for a newer Crestliner from a Crestliner dealer? Aren't they just a standard Plug in style 2 3/8" post? I see Springfield makes a 2 3/8" and so does Swivel Eze.

I had a Crestliner butt seat on my old Crestliner and the Crestliner logo came off after about 2 years. I'll be going with a plain gray or tan one on the 06 Crestliner I just bought. I see Cabel... has there pro series combo seat/pedestal for $125.

Crestliner is still my favorite aluminum boat company but with all of the changes since Brunswick bought them...my loyalty is straining. You can only have this brand motor and this brand seat post. Next it will be only this type of trailer, or locator, or trolling motor. I WANT CHOICES!!! and I don't want to have to pay extra for them.

Nels

Hate to break it to ya Nels, but Crestliner isn't the only one. Many boat manufacturers are starting to do the same things because they are all owned by the same companies. I agree. It is a shame and people deserve their choices. That is how a free enterprise system is supposed to work...choices not premade decisions.