• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Last Ride Snow Reports!

GoggleEye

Like many of you out there, I am anxious for one last ride before I put my sled away for the year. It is snowing pretty darn good here in the metro right now and I hear Burnsville and Shakopee areas have 4 inches already with 8-9 forecasted into tomorrow morning. Let's get some new snow reports posted here so the few of us who have not put the sled away yet can check to see if there is any place worth riding for one last harray. Thanks!

GE

How's the ice on Prior? Is it relatively safe yet for snowmobiles? I'd like to take my sled out there one more time for the year, since we finally have some fresh snow.

thanks

Nice! Well I hope it keeps coming down. If anyone is planning on riding this weekend, it would be nice to meet some more fellow fm'ers and have someone to ride with. I would be willing to ride tonight or tomorrow right away in the morning so if anyone is interested, leave me a message.

GoggleEye

[email protected]

I'd say we have at least 6" in Rosemount & it's still falling.......

We are going out of town for the weekend, but I may have to sneak out this afternoon.......I had already cleaned up my sled, but I don't think I can pass this up.....

Norsky - good lookin Springer!

Originally Posted By: GoggleEye
Almost forgot, where is a good place to get on the trail down by Lakeville/Farmington???

The old weight scale station on Hwy 3 and 170th south of rosemount, trail right there and will take you in all directions.

Hey Norsky, did you just ride around on the lake (Prior) or did you ride some ditches/trails?? I have not heard if they opened any of the trails down there and I would like to do some riding tomorrow morning. I have a feeling ditches are going to be my only option with what I was told by trail association and club people. It sounds like they are set on not re-opening the trails anymore this year. Maybe I got the wrong impression, but that is the vibe I got.

GE

tons of powder on the lakes up here. must be at least 8" of fresh snow. So much powder in fact, my belt was slipping/smoking a little bit when I first got going this morning. I pretty much had my last spin of the season today. After today, I''m putting away the winter stuff and focusing on spring fishing. At least I put more miles on this year than last.

A few of us left at 8 am from just north of new ulm, and ran trail up to young america and then to glenco ,arlington area and back home real nice riding except for the last 5 miles home, started to get alittle muddy and wet, oh well what do u expect for a easter weekend ride, u gotta love it,

I just got back from redwing after putting on around 80 miles or so. Rode by myself for the first ten miles or so and then met up with a very nice husband/wife couple that welcomed me into their riding plans for the rest of the day. Rode around the Hay Creek/Frontenac/Wacouta area on the trails only, but the ditches were in good shape too. Trails were decent in the morning hours and in certain areas that must have got hit a lot harder than others. Frontenac was terrible, as were the open fields, but the woods and other protected open field area were pretty good. Like stated earlier, you can't expect the best for an easter weekend ride. "Mudbogging" through certain sections was actually kind of fun. Never really rode in conditions like that before, and it wasn't that bad actually. Nothing the carwash can't fix and the sled is back to shining again. Another season behind me.......unless we get another storm next week!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

GoggleEye

I got out with a buddy today and we put on 50 miles. We left from Hastings and had some great ditch banging just riding the drifts. We rode a few trails down to Miesville, open fields were OK 50% of the time.....some were bumpy and didn't have much snow once we got towards Miesville so we started hitting ditches again. We rode down to Cannon Fall and then over to HWY 52, and then started making our way back. All in all it was a fun day. Snow was starting to show wear by the time we were on our way home....