• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NCAA Tournament Scores and Upsets

Scott M

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UCLA held on, UNC took care of Washington State, Xavier held off West Virginia in overtime, and Louisville whipped Tennessee. I really thought that would be a close game. Tennessee let Louisville dictate the tempo and both teams played way too reckless. 37 turnovers in 40 minutes...missed layups, shots early in the shot clock, bomb 3's...not many smart plays on either side, all the athleticism in the world but no smarts. Louisville can play at UNC's tempo, so that game will be interesting on Saturday.

Man o Man - What an embarrassing loss for Wisconsin! Its not that bad to lose in this tournament because 64 teams have to. What really irks me is the fact that they didn't come to play and had no answer for ANYTHING davidson did. That second half was absolutely atrocious!

Davidson is an ACC-type team and a Big 11 team can't compete with the ACC. The basketball style of the Big 11 is about 20 years behind the rest of the country.

I guess you could say that watching a Big 11 game is like watching a bunch of donkeys race (slow and clunky), while the ACC is the Kentucky Derby (fast and smooth). grin.gif

Well, my midwest bracket is shot to [PoorWordUsage] because Clemson lost and Georgetown lost (I had them winning the section). Otherwise, I had WV over Duke, X beating WV, Louisville over Tenn. So, I have 6 out of the eliet 8 teams. Its the best I've ever done.

Georgetown losing killed my midwest bracket. Otherwise I've got UNC, UCLA and Texas as my other Final 4 teams. With the way Memphis annihilated Mich. State, Texas might be another big hit to my bracket. eek.gifcry.gif\:\/

My only saving grace really is if UCLA wins it all. That doesn't look extremely promissing either though. \:\/

shiner, click on the scenario generator. You need UCLA to win out for you to be the big winner. I need Kansas and UCLA in the championship with Kansas the victor. Then I can tie for first place with Philly Wonka and our final score predictions break the tie (I think?) Might be hard pressed with UNC playing so well.

Heck of a weekend of basketball. Missed a lot of games for a Grand Finale fishing trip, but caught the recaps. Davidson sure had a great run and even had a look to win the game...what more can you ask for. First time all four #1 seeds made it...If you picked no upsets you're probably winning your office pool to date this year.

I think the FT shooting will catch up to Memphis but these are the matchups the tournament committee wants when they reward teams with #1 seeds. We'll see how things play out next weekend. March Madness and late ice fishing...a great time of year!

Quote:
shiner, click on the scenario generator. You need UCLA to win out for you to be the big winner.

Ya Scott, ran that last night and am pulling for the Bruins all the way! I just wanted to give rip a little grief grin.gif

Memphis takes care of business in the second half. Quite a run. You don't go 37-1 without doing something right. They will be a fun team to watch in the Finals on Monday. Kansas-UNC should be a great game.

My bracket is officially busted. Congrats to our new FM Tourney challenge champ, we may even know who it is by the end of the second game.

Great game. You got to see the strengths and weaknesses of both teams exposed. It's hard to be down by 28 and come back but UNC cut it to 4 but couldn't finish. Great effort by Kansas all the way around.

Should be a great national championship. Memphis really is getting some great play from CDR and Rose and is taking it right at some of the best guards in the nation. Kansas has some amazing depth. It will be a treat on Monday.