• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WCHA Final Five

Wallyeyes

Colorado College, North Dakota, Denver, St. Cloud State, and Minnesota, seeded in that order this weekend at the X in St. Paul. Looks to be another great tournament this year. I will be on-hand Thursday night for the play-in game. Gotta see my Huskies try to knock off the Gophers' bid for the Broadmoor trophy. CC is going to be tough to beat, but I think every team in the tourney has a shot to win it. WCHA hockey is the best in the country!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be one of the better games of the weekend. Huskies have been playing well and the Gophs are not nearly as bad as the record shows. If it comes down to the goalies, I would give the edge to St. Cloud, but Mn. plays a solid game, and you can NEVER count out the U.

I agree. Kangas is making the big save right now. All a team needs in the playoffs is a hot goalie and the "U" has that right now. If the Gophers advance they will have to win ugly. Probably 2-1 games. If the Gophers give up more than 2 goals I don't think they have the offense to catch up. Go "U"!!!!! grin.gif

Fun to watch the goalie but Minny needs to get that power play going and get the puck inside. Mankato was getting all sorts of centering passes through with no problem but Minny couldn't get anything inside short of an occasional rebound (which they couldn't ever stick back). IMO too much passing around the perimeter and shots from the blue line. Get it inside.

Should be a good series.

Yeah Kangas is hot but da U is facing the HOTTEST goalie in the conference Thursday night. Weslosky has the best GAA and save% in the league over the last 4 or 5 weeks. Should be a good one.

Kangas is hot but equally so is Weslosky. SCSU has much more top end firepower than the gophers but its one game and anything can happen. SCSU 4 Minny 3

If Frazee starts SCSU 8 Minny 3

Its the real March Madness time. This is the first time in 4 years I won't be at the tournament. Dang Easter weekend. Tonights game should be very good. I'm pulling for the Gophers. No matter what it should be fun watching these two rivals go at it.

Hmmm. Imagine who the rodents "pulled" for refs? WCHA knows where their bread is buttered. Tough break Huskies. Hope you can overcome the bias. Case in point just happened with extremly questionable 5 on 3.

Originally Posted By: Bryce
Hmmm. Imagine who the rodents "pulled" for refs? WCHA knows where their bread is buttered. Tough break Huskies. Hope you can overcome the bias. Case in point just happened with extremly questionable 5 on 3.

Oh wow are you really going to play that card! You need a better excuse

I am so sick of people blaming the officials. If you don't like the officiating, don't watch. I suppose since SCSU lost the blame goes right to the officials. It had nothing to do with the Defenseman for St. Cloud not tying his man up in front of the net.

With this win the Gophers should get into the NCAA.