• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Will Torii Be Booed?

zamboni

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I surely hope Torii is not booed. He does not deserve it. If some of you guys think the 3/45 offer the Twins gave him was fair and market value, you are living in a fantasy world. There were 5 or 6 teams that beat that offer.

4/60, if he turns that down from the Twins, then I have to question his desire to stay here, but the offer the Twins gave was not close to what he would get from almost every team that was looking for a CFer.

The 3/45 offer was pretty much the Twins telling Torii, yah we'll sign ya, but you will have to do it for about half of what you're worth.

Basically telling him his time as a Twin was up.

If I were going to the game I would give him a standing O at first for what he has done for the Twins, after that, he is another player on a different team and I am rooting for him to strike out every at bat.

We may have another Tori right now. As back with Tori we didn't know until he developed and had a few years and catches and so on under his belt. Time will tell.

Money wise most players are paid to much period. Then they try to get more by using Steriods and special bats. Cheating seems to be the game of choice for some. Not all are that way thank heavens. What I don't like is a teams trying to BUY the Championship. Right now payroll is really spread out.

Both Pirdie & Spahn (sp?) had good springs. Kinda surprised they both got send down. Either one would probably be a step up from Gomez offensively. But you're right, this kid is gonna be fun to watch.

"How much money does a guy really need??"

Remeber here the ball club is making many more millions than the ball players. If a ball club is going to make money by marketing Torii then Torii should be entitled to a portion of that.

Look at A-Rod. He will likely break the home run record. The Yankees are set to rpofit off that BIG TIME. Its would be A-Rod's record, why should only the Yankees profit?

If I was at the game i would be definitly be cheering him as he was going onto the feild! After that I will be cheering as Nathan stirkes him out in the ninth for the first win of the year!

He is a great player as for he plays the game the way it is supposed to be played.

Originally Posted By: fishin58
coach how about Shaq,he gave up a ton of money the year the Won it...just so he could get the players he wanted... some guys are willing to take a paycut if it leads to winning more games.

Do you really think the Twins would have used the $$$ they saved to go sign somebody else or would they just have put it in their pocket like they always do?? The Twins have a good enough organization to always be hanging around and have an outside shot at winning it, but they will always be just a tad bit short because the won't sign those last two guys....like a proven DH or the power hitting 3B. Tori doesn't owe the Twins anything. The Twins have no hard feelings about moving on to something new, why should Tori's obligation be any different? I hope he goes 4 for 4 with four singles and Nathan strikes out someone for the 3rd out of the 9th for the save with Tori on deck!

I was at the game too. I didn't hear any boos around us. Great fun watching the lazy fly ball drop in front of him...lost in the roof I guess. Nathan striking him out in the ninth was priceless.

Originally Posted By: DonBo
I was at the game too. I didn't hear any boos around us. Great fun watching the lazy fly ball drop in front of him...lost in the roof I guess. Nathan striking him out in the ninth was priceless.

We were up in the right field Terrace Suites and heard plenty of boos. He received a great applause when they went through the entire teams' introductions, but once the game began, the boos started. You didn't hear the boos when he caught a couple of those flyballs in the outfield?

I think it's only fair game. He's an opponent now. He's no longer contributing to us.

Originally Posted By: DonBo

I have to admit that I am a HUGE Hunter fan, but it was fun to see Nathan corkscrew him inot the ground. I don;t think he could swing any harder.