• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody still Riding??

swedishpimple

Snows almost gone here...will probally be totally gone tomarrow. Have a pond in my front yard about 75 yards wide from the melted snow and run off so I skiped that a few times and put the sled in the garage. It will be there for the summer.

Originally Posted By: MNexpoler
We went out last weekend it was great around the Nickerson area.

MNexpoler,

what kind of sled were you on?

I was in the Nickerson area last weekend too. Just not on a sled.

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
 Originally Posted By: MNexpoler
We went out last weekend it was great around the Nickerson area.

MNexpoler,

what kind of sled were you on?

I was in the Nickerson area last weekend too. Just not on a sled.

We had a two Ski-Doo Formula III's one a 1997(600) the other a 1999(700) and a 1998 Polaris Indy 440. Trails we perfect pretty much everywhere, however there was some bare spots. We rode about 110miles. Went from Willow River over to Bruno then up through the Willard Muger trail, out to Nickerson, then we wanted to go up to the Hitching Post but when we got there we saw that it burnt down, rode back down to Nickerson then over to Moose Lake, down the soo line back to Willow River. West of Willow River there wasnt much snow or even then trail from Nickerson to Moose Lake had some big bare spots.

The Hitching Post burned down a few years ago and they are suppose to rebuilding it. The owner had a bad year last year. He lost his Mom and shortly after that his wife. We may try riding around Nemadji this weekend if it hasn't melted too much.

We went from west french road to gilbert running our dogs yesterday it was so nice we even went and unburied the 10 horse olympic and took that for a little ride. I guess there was about 300 people or more up at the skips on vermillion both sat. and today. We went for a little put about while we were fishing today but didn't do too much riding.

Originally Posted By: WalleyeGod
2:

Virginia to Ely/Babbitt trails. How are they? Was considering coming up midweek possibly if conditions allow.

WG

yes that is the trails we were on. It was warm and sunny up here Sunday so they might have a little less snow now.But we are supposed to get some snow tonight again so they should be good for a mid-week ride. I am hoping I can still ride them next Saturday.

Originally Posted By: WalleyeGod
2:

Virginia to Ely/Babbitt trails. How are they? Was considering coming up midweek possibly if conditions allow.

WG

Not sure if this helps but we went from Gilbert to Giants Ridge to Babbitt on the trails and they were good. Then from Babbitt to Ely on the lakes then Ely to Tower on lakes then on the trail from Tower back to Gaints Ridge. I am not sure how the trails are heading out of Virginia, some of thoose areas tend to have more sunlight on them and may not be in good shape.

I hope this snow that is falling right now amounts to something because I want to ride one more time before it is all over!!! This weekend may be the last chance for one more ride. If it doesn't work out, I guess this weekend I will be getting the boat out and dusting her off to go after them mississippi walleyes. \:D

GoggleEye