• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Free agency

Eric Wettschreck

Originally Posted By: tisosy11
Oh yeah...Bernard Berrian is now the 6th highest paid receiver in the league!

20 more players and he'll be right where he should be.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
20 more players and he'll be right where he should be.

I'll give you one thing LMITOUT... you never waiver!!!

I'll take BB at what we paid vs. Walker at what Oakland paid. A guy the Broncos couldn't get a 5th round pick for just got $55 million..... Oakland Al got the monopoly money out again!

a year or two into berrians contract he won't even be in the top 20 of highest paid wr's. the highest paid people a couple yrs ago aren't the highest paid anymore.

thats just how it goes...everyone will just keep making more money...same with the rookies...every yr they make more and more even though they are unproven....some of the higher paid people are mad because these young kids come in with nothing proven and make more money then them....even though them were the highest paid people a few yrs ago.

every new contract sets the standards.

You can't compare it to last year or three years from now with the changing salary cap.

I would hope Fitzgerald is paid more than Bernie. He's a much better WR.

I'll predict that Williamson in JAX has a better year than Bernie in 2008, barring any injuries. Yards/game, catches/game....

LMITOUT, you hit the nail on the post. But still you insist on comparing Berrians contract of today with all these recievers whose contracts are more than 2 or 3 years old. Its just the same as tiossy comparing his contract to what it will look like 3 years in the future.

that would be kinda funny and could happen but they'd have to pull some miracle and teach him how to catch..he's got the skills and speed but he just can't catch...he's always open but he looks like a preschooler trying to adjust to the ball then it bounces off his back,face,chest,hands....we gave him plenty of chances here....maybe they can coach him different or something but most of them skills are natural.