• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shelter lights

Ron Burgundy

Question

Has anyone purchased the shelter lights from Gander? I bought the $10 string yesterday. I put the batteries in and turned them on. They worked fine, maybe not bright enough but if not I'd return them. 10 min later I smelled this strong plastic smell. The battery had melted through the bottom of the flashlight piece? It's definitely going back. Any recommendations for lighting my 4-man Ice Cube?

20 answers to this question

BesthonLED led strips are the best and brightest that I have seen. I've used the pucks from Northern Tool too; they are decent for the price, just not as bright, durable or waterproof as the 12volt LED strips. The rope lights are dim in comparison to both mentioned above.

LB

I remember someone saying that Lake Ripley Bait and Tackle in Litchfield,MN was selling them, maybe give them a call. Otherwise you'll need to order them from the BHK web site. It takes a month to get them, so if you are looking for something for this year you might be better off picking up a puck style at either Northern Tool or Fleet Farm.

3 BHK strands are lighting my 6.5 X 17 fish house. I love them! Only problem is, I've already lost a couple of LEDs off each one. It's a little disapointing, but they still put out a great amount of light. The house also has regular RV type lights in it, but when compared to the BHK strands, there's no comparison. BHK win HANDS DOWN! I can't even use the RV lights anymore \:o

Originally Posted By: Ron Burgundy
I picked up the ones at Northern Tool last night after work and I think they'll do just fine! Thanks for the input though guys.

I ran three of the Northern lights in my Otter Lodge on a trip to Red a few weeks ago. Two in front over the holes, one in back.

Plenty of light, though I may go to 4 lights. The batts that come with the lights are lame and only last a few hrs.

Originally Posted By: Nutty Fisherman
hovermn: When I got my 2 strings of lights from bhk 3 bulbs were out. I sent them pictures and they are sending me another set. FREE Now I have 3.

That's great news! Thanks for letting me know! Hopefully they'll support my issue as well. \:\)