• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

If it holds true!?

Jim W

Well, the weather prognosticaters are indicating a dry period possibly into January.

This could mean the formation of some real good ice this year!!!

Might make for some fantastic early ice fishing!! Bring it on!!

Jim W

No doubt Jim this would be awesome. I aswered a guys question about early ice formation times on the LOTW forum just now, I am very optomistic we could see another early kick-off this year up here.

Fisky

Also, with the water so low, at least it is in the metro, is that going to drastically change where the fish will be? Some lakes are almost three feet shallower than normal.

fp

------------------
"Cast riiiiight....there."

I've always referred to black ice as the late ice breaking up. But ice formed under perfect conditions, no snow/no wind, appears black but only because it is clear as glass. Even though stronger than "white ice" clear ice can be scary just because it's black underneath you. I've only seen "perfectly clear" ice a few time in my life and it can be a confidence tester, especially as you travel over sharp drop-offs where the bottom of the lake disappears.

I experienced ice like Spike is talking aboot last thanksgiving on North Center Lake. There was aboot 5 inches and i was walking back to shore after setting up the tip-ups and a muskrat swam underneath me....scared the dump out of me, you should have seen me run to shore, everyone was laughing at me

------------------
Diplomacy - The art of saying "nice doggie" while you find a rock.