• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fished Danbury area on Sunday. Was AMAZED at the lack of ice. Found only 8-10 inches of good ice with 4 inches of white ice on top of that. Small lake with a lot of snow on top.

Sunnies and hammerhandles were biting tho.

Forecast calling for more snow so lakes in this area might be only passable by plow or snowmobile.

Two weeks ago Lake 26 in Danbury had 8" of ice on the north shore, with about 6 inches of hard slush on top of it, plus all of the wonderful snow. Couldn't believe how little ice there was. But hey, at least you caught fish! I was skunked!

Hmmm.....River system running through that lake? I've found nothing but 30"+ on other lakes in Burnett Co.?

No river system. Just a tiny little lake down the road from Lake 26. We were the only vehicles to drive any time since the last snow. Couldn't believe my eyes when the auger punched thru so quickly.

I'm counting on 30+ on Yellow next weekend.

I was up about a week or so ago. Someone went out from Ike's with a BobCat and plowed a road out to the break and then went right towards the access along the break. There was about 5 shacks on the north shore and all were frozen in solid. One actually looked like one side was sunken down a bit. There's about 1" of crust ice and then there's about 6" or so of water and then 18" of ice. Now with some thawing, it should get somewhat better. But any road, rut, or spot with a fish house will flood like crazy.

Like jay88 said, I'm ready for the ice to come off.

Good luck out there guys,

Zander

I'm thinking/hearing that this year will be similar to last year and the ice wont go off till mothers day or perhaps later ,,,This would be our 30th annual Wi opener on Yellow ,,,But Ill probably be on shore drinking a beer and reminiscing about past openers ,,,Getting together with old fishing pals is fun,,, even if we don't catch a fish

Looking at the 10-day forecast, not much melting will take place. Another 5"-10" of snow this Friday for up there. That'll only add to the massive amounts of snow in place still. LoonASea, I think what you're hearing/seeing is true. A repeat of last year with ice on opener. Oh well. I only have another three weeks give or take before I go open up the trailer. I'll most likely be pulling snow off of it at that time too.

Last year the ice went out on Yellow (for the most part) right around May 1. Opener was on the 4th (water temp on little yellow at surface was 37 degrees). Exactly 2 weeks later I recorded the water temp at 55 degrees. Warms up fast.

Ice is just starting to go out on Southern MN Lakes and looks really dark and mushy on lots of spots around metro.

"Ninety percent of the northern Wisconsin lakes declared for tribal spearing this spring will have their sport bag limits reduced to one or two walleyes per day, according to regulations announced Monday by the Department of Natural Resources.

The DNR has set a bag limit of one walleye per day on 171 lakes, a limit of two walleyes per day on 363 lakes and a three-fish limit on two lakes."

BURNETT COUNTY

Big McKenzie 2, Clam R Flowage 2, Devils 2, Dunham 2, Lipsett 2, Little Yellow 2, Rooney 2, Round 2, Sand 2, Yellow 2

The total daily bag limit for walleyes is five. If the lake you are fishing has a bag limit less than five, you can fish other lakes to fill your

daily bag limit. While fishing, you cannot possess fish in excess of that lake's daily bag limit. Therefore, remember to remove all

fish from your boat prior to fishing on a second lake that also has a restricted bag limit"

Any reports on ice conditions? We're supposed to put the docks in this weekend. Any chance of that happening?

As of 4/23 ice on Yellow is separated from shore a couple hundred feet in spots and is floating around. Dark in areas. I guess its possible with this rain/wind to be gone by late this weekend, but there's a bit still out there. Hopefully sun comes out Sat/Sun.

The center of Little yellow is open and the ice is busting up (open water in strips.

Yep, just heard the official report, too much ice to put docks in this weekend. Looks like I'll be spending opening day putting in docks instead of fishing. frown

Hopefully it will be open by opener

Hopefully it will go out very soon so we can get that water temp above 40 in a hurry! If it goes out within a couple days of opener again, I might as well fish in my livingroom.

All the lakes are about a week earlier than last year, but most of what has opened up so far didn't get that last big snow. That set things back.

Last year when it started looking like this tho, it only took a few more days.....it can go out suprisingly fast

I wont be fishing Yellow this weekend but Im planning to head down there for Mn opener ,,that way I wont have to deal with a chaos at the landings ,,,Good Luck to every one that plans to fish opener

Got a phone call wed and my friend said the lake was substantially open and should be ice free by sat