• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I found things the same way as fish were not in spots that I have caught them over the last five years. We ended the season on Friday (tried Saturday but got blown off) with a pair of 60" fish and a 51". The big fish was a 64 and both that was something to see with two fish on that big at the same time. I wish they would extend the season and make a catch and release only.

I may have watched you with those 2 fish on. Was there a gal in your boat with the other on and you drifted north a long ways?

I was fishing the same area (if that was you)

Anyone out there still dedicated enough to be out on Yellow? Late fall muskies, anyone? Dropped my boat off in Hayward for winterization last weekend. Driving from Presque Isle to Grantsburg through snow was enough for me.

This ones been quiet lately. Any updated ice conditions? I'm going to be getting up there the weekend following thanksgiving to check things out. I've heard of people getting out on ice in Danbury? Any who, if you have ice reports, I WANT TO HEAR THEM! LOL.

I've seen people out on lake chetek on the webcam at Gillian's. There's a local lake near my house in Columbia heights that has between 2 3/4"-4".

Anyone have any ice reports? On Facebook Ike Waltons says there is 6" on Big Yellow...could this be true? If anyone has an update...please let me know. If there is 6" or more I'll head up tomorrow.

Thanks

Vic

We fished near Siren and found 4"-6". Big trade had 5". We were able to catch fish on both but could only find keepers on wood. With this upcoming cold front we'll have almost a foot of ice by the time it's done. No snow and GLARE ice. The ticket was a small red glow tungsten jig with white and red maggots. Finesse fishing as they were not at all aggressive.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

This snow is just not good. Webster, actually Burnett Co. is under a winter weather warning that forecasts 15"-20" when it's all said and done. Not good. I think they're just close enough to get some lake effect snow as well. Either way I could most definitely do without.

I'm not hitting any ice this weekend because the snow and miserably cold temps. in the future. I'll hopefully be up the weekend after to check things out though. If there's any locals or that have been up or are up there, does anyone have word on snowfall?

Does anyone have a snowfall total around Yellow? Just curious what it ended up with.

Was wondering the same thing. I'll be calling a few baitshops to see if anyone has word on inches. Gonna be going up Sat to check ice.

Probably won't get out but will go check things out.

Some Mille Lacs resorts report 10"-12" of ice. Upper Red Lake has 10"-13" as well as Lake Of The Woods having 10"-13". How much by yellow and grantsburg? I'm thinking 8"-12" in most places?