• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brag up your Set up!

mjhowe

My set-up would have to include the following:
1995 Arctic Cat Z-440
Vexilar Fl-18
Aqua-Vu
2 Ht rods 1 Berkley rod
Angle eye Jr's
Good variety of jigs and other spoons
A little soft sided tackle box that I got at Cabelas for $12 that now has 4 plano boxes in it.
Gerber
Aurora head lamp, thats a great tool for fishing at night!!!!!!!!
A very sharp Ice Chisel made by my grandpa and painted Barn RED
Homemade rattle reels
Homemade rod holders
I get to use my dads permanent ice house and his ice auger so i don't need one of them, yet smile.gif And if theirs no snow (90% of last year) I can take my dads 4 wheeler (most of the time)
I need to get some new ice rods this year. Maybe a couple of Genz rods and maybe a Thorn Bros rod too. I need some new line to put on my reels too.
O ya, A bucket of Crappies with a few walleyes mixed in with the bunch.

------------------
Fish ON!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for some ice. I don't get a chance to fish much in the summer because it's my busy time at work. I got interested in ice fishing from reading all the great posts on this site, that was last December, and now I'm hooked. My set up includes a wife who knows nothing of how much these things cost.

Fish Trap Guide
FL-18
OVS 400
Lazer Mag Ultra 9 inch
Lazer hand 7 inch
Black Cat Heater
3 Frabill round tip ups
Frabill Minolife
Garmin GPS 72
Lakemaster Map of Tonka-I can't wait to try some of these new spots.
Plastic container to hold most of this stuff.
A bunch of lures plus 2 cards of glow devils that came last week.
2 head lamps
Hoping to find a cheap sled or 4-wheeler.
The guide barely fits in the back of my Jeep Liberty which has some new Dueler AT REVO's.

Well here is my set up fellas sounds like a lot of nice stuff out there.

Truck: 2002 Chevy Silverado Z71, W/ Power programer, Dual Exaust, Chrome up the A@#, BF Goodrich All Terrian TA KO (A must for getting around the lake without getting stuck), currently Access cover but by winter I will have a topper on it so I can lock all the gear up.

Wheeler: Honda Foreman 450 ES

House Option #1 For mobility
Otter Magnum Lodge with tow bar, Bench seat (in process of fabrication), travel cover, and hyfax.

House Option #2 For more permanent applications

6.5'X12' Custom Aluminum Fishhouse with custom steel trailer. 6 holes, cook stove, just a lot of room inside.

House option #3 seldom used but available
Shoremaster 6'x8' 6 hole suitcase portable.

Gear:
Marcum LX-3(In process of being shipped to me)
Vexilar FL-8SLT
Aqua VU w/ ice pod
Lowrance Global Map 100 GPS
Jiffy 10" Stealth (brand new)
Jiffy model 30 (old faithful in case the new one has problems)
Double Sunflower
Croxton Pond Bag
nothing but shimano reels w/ high vis. fireline.
Thornes Bros rods, and Genz Rods
JR's Glow Tackle a must for me at LOW
Nuclular Optic Glow Lure (glass jig)
Polar Vision handheld sonar
cribbage board a must for entertainment
Just waiting for the Rocken' Reels so I can add that to my list...

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

I fished out of T-BONE'S shanty, my boys more than me, acually. This thing is the cats meow for portable shanties. Me on the other hand have no shelter just have a piece of 2inch pink polystyrene foam with carpet on it to sit on the ice, a pair of shorts and tee shirt, along with jogging flannel socks, thong, and maybe along sleeve flannel shirt if below 10 degrees. I have no auger, I leach other people's equipment and tell them thank you after I get done using it. I fish with a swisher rod which is too big to rest on my ROCK N REELS. I like to rough it and keep it simple and manage to catch a few fish.

Simple stuff here: otter (2 person), 6" hand lazer, fl8, assorted rods, TOI jigs, Rock-N-Reel (I don't think it has a S/N) buddy heater, Coleman fuel lantern, 1990 Polaris 4x2 hauled in utility trailer. 01 Silverado which I've never driven on a lake except Mille Lacs. My otter has a plywood box built in so it holds most of the stuff. Bottom line, the fish turn out to cost about $5789.87 per pound grin.gif

New Frabill ultra-lite. Will be doin mods myself, suchas a light and some type of weight at the bottom of the fabric.
FL8
Jiffy 10in
Carhardt coat
Mr buddy heater
misc HT rods, will be adding some genz, frabill, and yad rods.
Okuma and shakespeare ultra-lite reels.
Custom jigs and spins, Scenic, JR, Tackle city, and some lindy jigs.
Soon also to be added a 2004 honda 400 4x4, and a gps. grin.gif

Wow do we have a problem here? Naaahh!!!! I can't wait for some ice! Here is my set up.

NEW this year (can't wait!) 2003 Rubicon complete with 26" mudlites, Ryan yoke hauler for my auger on the front rack, Ryan's EZ Hauler for the back rack which will hold my trap, and a cargo box on the back rack to carry all my loose items (maps, golves, etc.)

I run with a Fish Trap Pro, Mr Buddy heater, Tackle upon tackle i.e. spoons, jigs, line, panfish lures, FL-18, Zercom Colorpoint, GPS, 3 Genz rods (L, ML, MH), Thorne Bros walleye sweetheart, Thorne Bros Deadstick, Thorne Bros Professional 36" for those deep walleyes and lake trout, head lamp, and an 8" Jiffy Legend.

My apparel includes Quad Parka and bibs, Rocky Snowstalkers, and quality polar weight underneath it all to keep warm.

ICE ICE BABY!

WallEYES - Do the fish seem to prefer a certin color thong? My favorite is red or pink. The Wild Things was dirty white...

I have seen T-Bones set-up and it is award winning...

All my stuff just gets piled in the trap. The only thing that is organized about my set-up is my jigs. I have my 3,743(roughly lol) jigs seperated into 6 med/small boxes that fit nicely into a plano tackle bag...

Slabberknocker: yes i fish fort thompson occasionaly. suprisingly enough i did very well right in chamberlain last year...go figure. My fav spot is to good to give up on here...but its north of fort if that gives you any clues. Maybe ill see ya on the river this year. Iceman out.

As a "new" ice fisherman, I am still building the collection.
fl18 or lc3 (haven't decided yet)
Frabill flip style shelter
strikemaster 10" power auger
Lazer 8" hand auger
rods reels and more jigs etc everyday!
sunflower heater/10 lb tank
frabill round tip ups
honda foreman 4x4
AND COFFEE!
still working on the rest.

House Options
#1 throw out pop up(quartz River)
#2 Sportsmax 4x6 fast shack
#3 Sportsmax 7x8 trophy lodge
#4 Homemade crankdown trailer 6x12

Vexilar fl-18
Eagle portable

Croxton bag
full compliment of shimano rods and reels

Strikemaster auger
Mora 7" hand auger
3x5 pull behind sled(sportsmax)
Mr Heater
91 chev Silverado 4x4
Polaris 425 expedition
1988 Ski Doo MXLT

And a Nitro 640 LX for soft water smile.gif

Ah, stuff...

Fishtrap 2 with a tear here and there (still think this was the best design with the sliding bench and all).
Vexilar FL18 on a blue box with a Johnny Ray swivel
Vexilar FL8SLT (which is going on hsolist soon)
Little Buddy heater (need to be above 20 or else it just doesn't put out enough heat)
3-way Sunflower heater (even low is too much most the time - why can't someone design a nice middle-of-the-road heater?)
Thorne Bros Walleye rods (1)
Thorne Bros Northern/Lake Trout rod (1)
Thorne Bros Panfish rods (2)
Misc Shimano reels
10" 2 HP Strikemaster Lazer auger (yes - it's powerful enough & it's light! Fits right in the bottom of my trap, too)
Coleman lantern (doesn't it feel good to have that old trusty lantern?)
Bike headlight with a strap for my head - (great for checking tipups, glowing lures, etc...)
Garmin Legend GPS
Lake maps aplenty
Lots of jigs, Rapalas, rattling spoons, etc...
30 gallons of homebrew waiting to hit the ice
10 lbs of venison jerky, which is still out running around in the woods as we speak. He won't be for long, though - I have an arrow with his name on it. wink.gif

Iceboy

Oh, yeah - and a Subaru Outback that it all fits into nicely with the seats down. Easy in, easy out.

[This message has been edited by Iceboy (edited 10-28-2003).]

91 Mitsubishi Mirage I drove this thing from the Blue Max up to the public landing by the Cloquet River inn on Fish Lake, fishing all the way. Frabill portable simple affordable and not bad to set up, a plastic storage bin kinda like the rubbermaids your wife has full of junk in the garage with rod holders mounted inside, keeps the poles in great ready to fish shape and also holds all of my other gear. Mr. "Cooker", nylon folding chairs and table. Eskimo auger,Carhartts icemans and a real Russian guard hat I'm good all day.
Did I mention Winchester Underware? Good stuff very warm. and they can be purchased at your local imigrant hiring super store.lol
keep dry and make em fry.
Tim

Does anyone know how to put up a pic on these boards? I have some of Red Lake Sunsets last winter and the "Crappie Crusier" (My MItsubishi)
Tim

004.jpg
005.JPG

[This message has been edited by Paul Waldowski (edited 10-29-2003).]

Polaris 700 RMK
Otter Den or Lodge with runners and hitch.
7" Jiffy Lightning.
FL-18 with dual transducer ultra pack.
Cabelas Guide-wear bibs and jacket.
Coleman Focus 5
St.Croix Ice Rods
Fly box for jigs and spoons.
And last but not least. The Big Dipper

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
651-271-5459
www.millelacsguideservice.com

[This message has been edited by Derek Johnston (edited 10-28-2003).]

Finally able to be comfertable after years of accumalating gear. I just have a basic set up but enjoy it greatly. 4x4 pick up, but need to upgrade to a sburban or crewcab, 8" jiffy whitehead, Ottersled lodge, FL8 slt, heater that puts out 15000 buts and can cook on, and numerous rods/reels combos and home made units, 8 tip ups, and three kids. Cant wait for the ice, shame on me for thinking "I whish bow season was over so I can go Ice fishing" Later Boar

Finally got it all inventoried!

Fish Trap Pro 1-man shack
Frabill XL Twin 2-man

8" Lazer Mag Xpress
6" Lazer hand auger
FL-8SLT Pro Pack
Aqua View Camera

HT Ice Blue 36" Light(dead stick rod)
St Croix Avid 28" UL
Genz 24" light
Genz 29" Medium light
2-Genz 30" medium
St Croix Avid 28" medium
Genz 36" Medium Heavy casting

Tica Cetus
Ice Bonz ZF25
Silstar EF25
Silstar Tiny 20
Shakespeare Prius
Frabill GL20

3-round Frabill tipups
HT Polar tipup
Croxton Pond bag
Big Dipper scoop
Buddy heater & 5# tank
Piece of carpet to put under my feet
Princeton Tec Aurora headlight
Coleman lantern
folding travel shovel
5 gal buckets
HT telescopic gaff
Various jigs-Genz, Marmooska, Northland,Custom Jigs and Spins, Jiggin raps, Salmo, Swedish Pimples, Scenic Tackle spoons
Cheap Plano flyboxes to hold jigs

I've bought all this stuff in the last two years, as I have gotten way into icefishing! Sometimes I even think I prefer it to open water.
I would love a snowmobile or 4 wheeler as the Frabill shelter can be a bear to pull by hand, but no room in the garage right now!

[This message has been edited by saugydoggy (edited 10-28-2003).]

This will be my second ice fishing season coming up. So far I have accumulated the following.

Clam 6800 (looking to sell to get a flip style house)
10" Jiffy Stealth
Mr. Heater/Cooker
Frabill tip up
12 watt flourescent shop light hooked up to a small inverter
size 27 deep cycle battery
Small sled to carry things
2 HT Black Ice rods UL 26", MH 30"
1 Gander Mt. Guide Series Med. action rod
1 Tica Cetus SB500
1 Tica Cetus GV500
1 Quantum Energy E3-1
8lb powerpro on all reels