• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What to get?

Sandmannd

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandmannd,

one more thought would be to test ride any friends wheelers for a day or weekend. I'm sure this summer there might be some folks here on this HSOforum that would let you tag along to experience other brands and size of rides. There is a wealth of friendly people on here and if your willing to make the drive and put the time in it could be worth it.

mr

So I bought the yamaha yesterday. It's a 1994 yamaha Kodiak 4x4. Runs great, little hard to start yesterday, but it was cold and it may need a new battery. The recoil handle is missing so I want to replace that, any idea what that would cost? Do I need a whole new recoil? It's got 1485 miles, not bad for that age. Can't wait to get out and run around with it.

ATV001.jpg

ATV002.jpg

ATV003.jpg

Nothing bad about them, they are just an average stock tire. They will last you for awhile, but you may want to look into some better tires sometime if you go off roading much. I still run original tires on my Grizzly, no problems.

I would use them for now, but when you need them in the futre, there is a place near Corcoran that has most sizes and brands in stock. I bought some Vampire's there a couple years back. I forget the name though. They where a where house place. It was south of Rogers.

I know, I'm a pain in the butt. Another question, if you get one of the rack boxes that go on the back and have padding and backrest for a seat, is it legal to ride two peeps on it? If not, what would you have to do?

No problem, we can answer questions. You should get a handbook and take a quick look at it. It would help you out alot. It helped me with some regulations I didn't know.

You can ride two up without a box. The driver must be over 18 and anyone under 18 must wear a helmet. These are the rules, but I don't really recommend it myself for two adults.

I normally wear a helmet and goggles anyhow for the small things like wind, branches, dust, rocks, rain, snow. It just makes it a much more comfortable ride.

I purchased a 1994 Suzuki KingQuad 300. It is an used machine but it runs great and did not cost me an arm and a leg. We have used it several times for ice fishing and farm use. It works great and the four wheel drive works great. I will need new tires by spring so if you could give me any suggestions on what tire I should look into buying I would appreciate any advice.

Something that is lightweight and does better than stock tires is mudlites by ITP. For a 300, I don't really know what else to suggest. Look online though. The dealers will kill you on anything aftermarket.

You can also look into the Kenda Bear Claws or the AMS Swamp Fox if there's a size for your KQ.

I have the Swamp Fox tires on my Rincon and they worked better than expected on our Nemadji ride. They didn't really break the bank either. I thought about the Swamp Fox XT's but didn't want to go larger than stock for tires.

I don't know the brand but I asked at a Suzuki dealer the other day about price and he quoted me anything from 79.99 up to 119.00 each tire. I just am unsure about what kind to get. Something agressive for mud and snow would be great. Do you know of anyplace that sells discount tires that are a good deal?

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
I know, I'm a pain in the butt. Another question, if you get one of the rack boxes that go on the back and have padding and backrest for a seat, is it legal to ride two peeps on it? If not, what would you have to do?

Roofer is correct on this one. It would be legal, but not recommended. Anyone under 18 needs a helmet and cannot carry passengers.

The safest route is to have a machine that's designed to carry 2 passengers. Titelines was long on our ride at Nemadji with his 500cc X2 and it did everything the rest of the 1-up machines did.