• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wisconin trail ride

Scott K

Yes I had to clean out the clutch a few times on my Grizzly, your right it isnt all that fun. That and the ride back at 10 mph at 6000 rpm. This isnt me in this picture it is a friend. He hasnt had to clean his out yet!

Luckily all the mudholes have a trail around them so you dont have to go through it. But you have the option to go through them if you want to.

Looks like fun. I am slowly growing tired of fixing machines. The last time, I dipped a little deep and filled the clutch with water. It has a nice drain plug, so it was ok, but I still had to remove the housing later and check it out. All was good.:)

They are from the Birchwood Wisconsin area. On a normal ride that we go on, it is about an 80 mile round trip. If anyone wants to ride more then that there are some real muddy trails that we can detour onto, but what I have learned is that once you get to the half way point, you are getting pretty sore from riding. Keep an eye on here around Memorial weekend, probably the week afterwards less trail traffic. You are welcome to come along and ride with us.

Thats one thing you have to give the cheese heads, they have nice trails and are so much ahead of our state. I live about 10 miles from WI. and can get on a trail and go about anywhere in the state on trails. you also can stay dry if you like, the mud is a extra for you if you like.Go all day, and spend the night, its a blast!!

That would be cool. I've got a King Quad 700 that I use at the cabin and for ice fishing but raely get it on the trails. Don't like to venture to far out alone so always looking for others to ride with.

Looking forward to riding it again all are welcome to come, there is a camp ground that we will be going through within the first 5 miles of the trip if anyone is interested in staying over night.

Lep, I used to swap machines with the wife and play in the mudholes, but now, I will just play in them with my raptor, if I get stuck, it is alot easier to get out then with the bigger 4x4 atv's. There is a nice trail that is a consistant 1-2 ft of mud for approximatly 9 miles, with a couple deeper holes in it. This trail can be a blast, but isnt made for 2wd sport machines, 4x4 is a must on this trail.

You must be talking about the Dead Horse Slough. It's alot of fun. One thing to remember is to gas up at the half way point in Clam Falls. Being in 4 wheel drive most of the time sucks down the gas quicker. I just might have to join you on that ride. Good luck.

Have had a wheeler for 10 yrs, always just seem to use it for work \:\( ... and ice fishing)and would really like to get into some trail riding. Does FM have any trail get togethers, if not, lets start one !!!!!!!!! grin.gif

Spin Dry, this is not the Dead Horse, I have riden that a few times, I dont like the cobble stone trail, it gives you a beaten! The 9 mile long trail is just outside of birchwood, On the "9 Mile Loop". The other trail is in and around Long Lake-Spider Lake. We would start at Long Lake, go through Spider Lake, wich is where the camp grounds are, then ride to Edgewater, then to 9 mile if we want to go that route, or into Birchwood, then back. The best part of the trail is from Long Lake to Edgewater, after that there is alot of rail road bed to get to Birchwood, so if it is dry we can skip that part of the ride. The ride from the beggining to end is about 80 or so, if we cut out the rail road bed trail, it only cuts off about 12 miles off that.

Reelemin, we dont have an official FM get together ride, but if you watch this forum, we plan on several rides a year, with anyone from FM being invited! Last year I was limited on riding, I had 2 shoulder surgeries last year, it put a damper on my rides, but I typically ride trails a couple times a month. And your welcome to come along anytime!