• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

amsoil in my wheeler

gman2002

Amsoil 0-40 ATV oil is what I've ran in my wheelers for 5 years (since I found out about it). Ran it in my 2003 Grizzly 660, and now my 2005 Suzuki Kingquad 700. Great oil, easier cold weather starts as well.

I use it in my wheeler, truck, car, auger, weed wacker, and every other engine I have. I believe in the stuff so much, that I became a dist. Please dont ask me to sell you, Oilman has paid for that right. Email him for what you need, and he will square you away.

Originally Posted By: Bjjams
Are you guys that use the 0w-40 using in the summertime also?

I do. Used to use motorcycle 10-40 amsoil, until the came out with the 4 stroke 0-40 oil. Both seem fine. I feel better with the 0-40 for the winter.

Most Hondas the engine and transmission are separate sumps (separate oil), but use the same type of oil in both.

If the spec is for a motor oil for the transmission AMSOIL has 2 products that either will work well - the 0W-40 ATV 4-stroke oil (prod. code AFF) or the 10W-40 MotorCycle oil (prod. code MCF). My preference for Minnesota Winter would be the 0W-40.

If it is not a motor oil spec for your hydraulic transmission send me the Honda spec or the Honda part number, then I can cross reference it. (I don't have a Honda application book listing it by machine model series.) (Note, I am normally on-line here daily in the evening for a while only.)

Lep, this isnt really the answer to your question, but what I heard works good is the Harley Davidson synthetic oil. That is what my brother uses in his Rincon, and Mankato Honda reccomended it to him.

thanks for the info oilman. I will get a spec and post later with the info I find. I'm getting ready to go out to find some coyote's today.

Scott,

I find it odd that Mankato Honda suggested the Harley oil. Might have to check into that as well.

Thanks

LEP7MM - I've got a rincon also and from what I've gathered as long the oil states on the back JASO-MA is good for use in the transmission. I'm pretty sure I'm going to switch because there are some that think it actually shifts better with the synthectics like amsoil or golden spectra.