• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was some funny stuff right there Jay? grin.gif Does the Birthday Boy wish to explain to anybody on just how you acquired that jig in the photo??? grin.gif

Dude that was a blast and can't wait for the next meeting or should I say beating? \:D

Enjoy the Superbowl today guys. Amanda wanted to catch a walleye so we switched plans real quick and contacted Todd and we met Tuzzy, Don, Todd and Kevin? I think. Anyway my daughter whooped my butt today. Amanda- 2 perch and Dad- 0. It was an entertaining couple of hours especially at the end but I better let Tuzzy tell that one... ;\)grin.gif Anyhow we had a good time. Thanks for the cookies Tuzzy. Here's the pics..

Tuzzy and Todd...

1001022yn5.jpg

Amanda working hard...

1001023ka2.jpg

Way to go Amanda!

1001021kb8.jpg

Amanda connects all on her own. Daddies proud of this one just like Dad she hit the top of the trap on the hookset. Atta girl!

1001024tk7.jpg

Tuzzy went old school and hit this one on a nickle sweedish pimple, nice fish!

1001025qm1.jpg

Just a couple of hours on the Big O. Good trip...

Wow Tim, she's gotten big! It's always great to have your kid out fish you, isn't it? The rest of the time I stayed, was more of the same. A few more big gills and one big crappie. DC was right on the money with his jig. Had another pickrel cut me off so I lost one of them. Tim, I missed a bunch of hooksets too and as I recall I heard and saw a few others who'll remain nameless, do them same. hehehe

BTW, I remember where I got those other blanks!!!! What's it worth to you guys? HEHEHEHE I'll see if I can still get them. Out of state deal. Fingers crossed!

I'm free WEd. -Fri. for sure and not sure about the weekend yet. Got to get new blades for the auger or a new one. That workout was killer! Tim, don't use your sharpener!! It ruined mine or at least I did. That offset handle makes a big difference too. got to ge me one of them.

Meant to post last night but had to rush to a Super Bowl party . . . great game. Kyle, TomD and I met at the infamous diner at Lake C Sunday morning. Guys . . . it is THE day to go . . . the scenery was amazing! I digress however. . . thanks to Tank for some advice, we fished the north end and got into them fairly well. Had to move a couple of times but when we found them it was a lot of them. Had to pick through the medium sized ones, but the biguns were there. When I got home and counted I had a limit and 8 really nice sumos. Kyle had a nice bucket also, as he said a nice meal for him and Jenel. Some times the fish would be stacked all the way up to the 10 foot level in 28 feet of water. Again, thanks Tank!

Tank and Dark Cloud are on C and catchng some fish right now!

Nice report Frank!

Waiting to here back about Wednesday off, I want to hit the cabin again hard.. I will let you guys know in a bit. I like the weather it will be like the 3rd low pressure day in a row...

The fishing slowed a little from last weekend. Seemed to not be as many fish. But if you were on the right hole at the right time the action was good. We fished N.bay the whole weekend,just because we knew it was safe for machines. We had a crew of 7 and everyone had thier day. We probally averaged around 12 eye's a day ,mornings still being better.I'll try to post some cell pics , hopefully it works. cid_0201080800.jpgcid_0201080846a.jpgcid_0201081605.jpgcid__0201080800.jpgcid__0201080846a.jpgcid__0201081605.jpg>>>

The kids and I made it out Saturday to Leb and got into the sunfish for a while. Everyone had a good time.

I'll bet you guy's made the locals very nervous out on Sunfish Lake! That's one dangerous crew!

I spoke with Chef, but he wasn't sure what was going on for Sunday so we kind of held off. Working on the computer all week, I slack off on weekends. I got your message Tim, thanks for calling. Amanda looked like she had a good time. That's one tough lake to fish with little ones.

Tim, I’ll give you a call in a bit.

Ray - I talked to Joe and I didn't like the fact that there was still no one on the broken refroze ice that we ran into on our last trip off LC so I am going to Baker's.. Can fish till about 1:30 again. I am going to eat at the diner in Richfield Springs for breakfast around 6:30 a.m. if you want to go with me...

Frankie - The fish were still there but not as active as yesterday. We moved a little north and did better. Had to pick through em but some hogs were there. The 3 of us finished up at 230...

Left camera in the vehicle so I just snapped this picture when we were leaving...

p2040302zl0.jpg

That pic made my day Jay.. Of course I would have liked you in Pop's in there holding up a couple of those piggies. Good job guys. I'll remember Billy on the next load. Keeping an invitation open for Wednesday for you guys. Nice chatting with you on the ice Jay.

Timmy - I wasn't gonna bother with a pict but knew you'd get all excited with the color matched bibs, jacket, and new hat - plus some sumo perch. They were 12, 12.5. Billy's first fish of the morning was a 13...

Mr. Chef - sat was fun, thanks for the invite and tour! Now we got a good story of walking through a wind tunnel in the dark! crazy.gif

The cookies were very good and appreciated but iv'e been known to get violent over a good reuben, lol...

Todd and Timmy..........I just got my shipment from MAKI!!!!! Man they look great! Going to get them all organized and such then try them out.....IN THE LUND mad.gif This weather probably killed my local ice. I'm praying for a freeze up as I will commit suicide. Who should I make the beneficiary for all this fishing stuff? Problem is it can't catch fish and prevents freeze up within 100 miles of it's location.

I think I'm going to buy a pontoon boat and cut holes in the floor so I can get some use out of this gear I got. Something has got to give!

Nice pictures of the outing gent's, if this lake by me freezes you all have to come down here and fish with me!

Tight lines all,

Steve

Had a good time guys, sorry Anthony (AKA: Ant) and I didn't fish with you more but I wanted to feel him out and see how he did plus keep an eye on him. Plus I was noticing that the fish I was catching were aggresive but as soon as he came over they scatterd because of the noise. He did learn the Marcum fast just needed to learn the secret touch for that bay. (put it in the weeds and jig it up steady and they can't resist) We were the 2nd to last to leave and did good in that area we were fishing, he ended up with 2 more all by himself and he asked me to get the latern so we can stay for the crappies at night. LOL I think I have a fishing partner but his mom has other ideals... I win though.....

Doug thanks for the flasher, I'll have to say I liked that Vex in the deeper water at the wind factory. It showed my lure much better then the VX-1 and it's making wonder if something is wrong with my unit.

Ray, We have to get out for some fox and yotes. With the prices of capes now you can make some serious cash in a hurry if you the right partner for calling and spoting.

Jay nice to see you again even though you don't remember our lunch at the dinner at big bay with Tim and TOI a couple of years ago before we drilled the bay with a mess of holes. LOL (still looking for a partner for the NAIFC)

Tank, it was nice to finally meet you in person and wish we had more time to talk. Your like me, when the fishings hot you don't talk or open the trap up.. lmao

Oh yea, I'm going to have to buy me an LX-5 because when I did get close to all of you guys your units were lighting me up. I bet you could have lit up a house with all the watt's going on down there. grin.gif

I lost my fishing partner since we were 17 years old (kind of went our own ways with different views) and it's strange to be fishing alone and with others but I think it's for the best (but sucks) and hope to hook up with you guys again soon.

Tim, I'm going to the spot I've always talked about on Saturday that's down south. I think you know it... LOL I never see any fish that bay and it's just perfect for panfish with a deep (but small) basin for the crappies to suspend during the day and then slide up on the flat in the evening. I'll be fishing alone and if that doesn't pan out I think I'll be driving back home and fishing Oneida for the perch. I really don't have perch or walleye set up and was wondering what everyone recommends.

Here's some pics of Ant, the last one he was having a blast sleding down the hill onto the ice with my Jet Sled... LOL

2008IceFishing006.jpg

2008IceFishing007.jpg

2008IceFishing008.jpg

2008IceFishing009.jpg

2008IceFishing010.jpg

Jay - That was right remember that chili it was as good as the bite that day ;\)\:D

I did not want to comment on your attire sir I was concentrating on those delicious Canadarago perch.. But since you mentioned it, dam you look good ;\)

Lee - Nice post with pics! Now don't pull a FishingKing on me your VX-1 is just fine \:D Taking a kid fishing is the ultimate, had a great time with mine and you have a partner at least up until age 13 for girl's when it's not cool anymore.

Steve - Man that stinks about the ice taking a beating down there, I know how passionate you are about the hardwater and I know it hurts., but when you retire, man o man look out.

Kyle and I are heading up to the the King with Insurance Guy Robb and maybe Duane. Looking forward to that, I'll be ggogling the directions at work tomorrow and getting that Thorne Bros. Professional 42" ready to whack some slimers. Kyle loves fishing for lakers and why not give it a concerted effort since I can't seem to buy a walleye on walleye gear just light weight perch rods crazy.gif

CNY Lee,

You're a lucky man to have a youngster for a partner. I miss the time with my son. He'll be 19 next Sat and doesn't go out to hunt or fish anymore. You'll live forever in Anthony's memmories. Got to train the young to keep our sports alive!!! Anytime you want to fish or hunt, I'm in if possible. You'll have to bring him along when we fish again. I'll bring the camera again and with luck I'll have the LX5 so one of you can use the LX3 if you want as well. Hope to see you both soon.

Tim,

I'm still hoping for a hard winter freeze so I can get you guy's down here.

CNYLEE, just a quick question for you. Did you find a partner for the NAIFC trap at Silver?? If not why don't you see if Ant wants to be your partner? What a blast that would be for you and him. something to consider! I was thinking about having Cindy and Cole team up and let them fish it also, or at least go to the kids clinic and check it all out.

Tim, this coming weekend is our drill weekend for the reserves, I'm anchored to the floor boards for that.

If the Ice survives the weekend maybe we can have a mid week get together as I would like to fish with Jay, Tank, and the rest of the crowd. I'll talk with you tomorrow.

Steve