• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SnowPlow

SnoManX

I searched the forum for past threads on types of plows and it seems everyone likes the Glacier system (Polaris). Does this have a push frame for it? Can I adapt it to my CanAm. I need to get a 60" for my CanAm and the dealer quoted me $515 for BRP model. C-store has a Warn for $369. FFarm has the Swisher for $379 plus $129 for push frame mount. Is it best just to buy the BRP and get it done with? Anyone have any suggestions or advice? Thanks guys!

I don't know anything about BRP plows? I have an American Eagle that you can order from rcky mountn atv, for around $400 last I checked? It is a decent plow as I've had it for 3 yrs, and I plow alot with it, and have only had a couple issues due to a little "abuse". Moose makes a good plow also.By the way, make sure you get a 60" plow as your wheeler will push it with ease, and it pushes the snow out past your tires. Hope this helps!

I second the American Eagle , I too have had one for 3 years, no problems. Made here in MN. I think. Less then $500. I know several people with them also, that have never had any problems with them.

I have a 60" Moose on my 07 Foreman 500. We just got hit with about 14 inches of snow on Sat-Sun and it worked great. The hookup and release system is a snap. Easy on-easy off. With the Warn Winch and Moose plow it ran me almost $900 installed. Not cheap but seems to work well.

I think that the Glacier system is a great system, along with the new Kimpex. I wasn't going to spend that much for either of them or a moose, so I bought an American Eagle plow. It is very sturdy, just as good as the rest, and a good set up. You can also get them at shade tree.

The Moose plow is made by Cycle Country, same plow.

If you want a winch, (I don't recommend it, unless you buy the plowing cable) get it from atv outfitters (Contact Us Please) net. Warn XT for a little over 350.

For my setup, I am using the Sportsman instead of my BF750 because it is heavier. I am using the American eagle plow and the hand lift. It is actually faster if you ask me. I used a winch last year. It worked, but I think it ruined the winch because I used the wire cable, and it also drains your battery. JMO

Quote:

I second the American Eagle , I too have had one for 3 years, no problems. Made here in MN. I think. Less then $500. I know several people with them also, that have never had any problems with them.

I also have a 60" American Eagle, I have been very happy with it. I purchased from " Snowplowsplus " they are out of Buffalo, MN. They have the 60" complete setup (u need your own winch) for Under $400. They will ship it or you can pick it up. Easy to work with.

I was talking with the neighbor tonight because he has a Warn Plow and seems to like it. Said his brother has an American (eagle?) plow and it is really HEAVY and if he takes it ice fishing he has to take the cutting blade off to gain more clearance?? I had planned on using my winch to raise it but I'm getting the impression that's not a good idea?? Is it worth the extra money to get a country type plow?? Thanks for the input guys - you always help ease the headache!! crazy.gif

I have a Warn 2500 winch on my AC,and have had no problems using the winch to raise and lower the plow blade.The cable seems normal, although I don't use my winch a whole lot outside of plowing snow, and hoisting up deer after hunting.Maybe it has to do with the kind of winch,or a quality issue with certain kind of winches.

One thing nice about the American Eagle plow (others maybe also) is that the plow mount replaces your skid plate and gives you a nice steel one. The other part of the mount that holds the plow arms comes off by loosening two bolts. They used to have pictures of this on their HSOforum, but I can't find them now.

I can post pics when my new mount comes in, in a few days.

Quote:

Said his brother has an American (eagle?) plow and it is really HEAVY and if he takes it ice fishing he has to take the cutting blade off to gain more clearance??

I like the extra weight of the blade,it helps keep the blade from riding up. As for the mounting plate I only lose maybe 3/4 inch of clearance, very easy to install.

I use a 2500lb warn winch without any issues. I find myself looking for things to plow out as I find it so easy and fun.

A country plow would be nice if you have a long driveway to thro the snow off to the side, think distance and speed. I have the standard 60" and have not regretted it.

I have the 60" Eagle County plow. I have a warn 2500 winch with the synthetic rope, and a aluminum hawse fairlead (not a roller).I have plowed alot for 3+ years with this system. I have broke the rope twice. With the rope you just tie a new knot to your hook, and get back to work. With the cable, your gonna take some time to fix it when it breaks, not to mention your hands will be bleeding! frown.gif With the new smaller winch button on the handle bars, it is alot nicer than using the hand lift IMO.

American "country" plow and Warn 2500 winch for 5+ years on 2 different wheelers and no problems. I like the ease of connect/disconnect. NO bolts just a couple spring loaded "brackets" and the winch hookup...about 20 seconds time. Also like the height of the plow compared to some I see being used and the ability to change the angle.

The winch I used was a warn 2000. Same parts as a Warn 2500. It's hard to believe you guys are getting years of use out of a wire cable. Even Warn doesn't suggest using their winches for plowing. On certain machines, maybe it works better, but I haven't seen a winch cable that has lasted more than a couple years plowing.

I had mine shred last year from plowing, just fixed it when I mounted the plow, the clamp was a hammer the cables together type, $1.49 for 2, I doubled them up, didnt need to just didnt trust my ability to clamp the cables together. I was going to buy a new synthetic rope, but it was only a $1.49, and it lasted 2 winters, plus many atvs being pulled out, plus deer hunting.

Warn used to make a large diameter roller to replace the lower roller on the fairlead to lessen the strain on the rope/cable. Best solution for the winch is to use a winch rotator (only works with multi-mount winches) it places the winch straight above the plow, only a straight pull on the rope, and use a short piece of winch rope. Or buy one of the warn plow lifts ($150?), mounts on the plow and uses a short section of cable and a strap to lift. Blackline plows are sweet but expensive, I think they use an electric screw jack that allows for down pressure.

Well, after the rave reviews I had made up my mind to buy the American Eagle but the closest dealer is in St. Cloud. I was planning on making a trip down there to today but the snow changed my plans...ironic. smirk.gif Anyways I shopped around in town and bought a Moose 60" country plow for $500, figured with the cost of gas I save on the drive to St. Cloud and back it was a pretty good deal. Only problem is they have to order a mount for the CanAm which won't be here till later this week or early next week. NOW I'm just itching to get out there!! Thanks for the help guys!

Well, I have to go back on what I said about the hand lift for American Eagle. The plow is great, the mounting bracket and parts are very heavy duty, but this hand lift I finally got today was just junk. Alot of parts, hard instructions, and it relies on a strap to hoist the plow. Don't buy it and if you did, return it. I'm going back to a winch and a plow cable.

Anyways, the Sportsman did great plowing. With the weight of it, it really helped out not fish tailing. I was impressed.

Quote:

Well, I have to go back on what I said about the hand lift for American Eagle. The plow is great, the mounting bracket and parts are very heavy duty, but this hand lift I finally got today was just junk. Alot of parts, hard instructions, and it relies on a strap to hoist the plow. Don't buy it and if you did, return it. I'm going back to a winch and a plow cable.

I have a snow-bear plow that is manual lift, it came with a strap as well that was worthless. I switched it to a chain and it has worked fine.

The thing with the chain is you can click it in and it will stay, but strap no matter how tight you wanted it to go, it would still slip.