• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snow is Coming????

swedishpimple

It's a white out in our area right now, blowing to beat the band and the snow is falling, couldn't travel much faster than 5 - 10 mph, sounds like there is a possibility of 5 inches plus by Wed.

Lets hope!!!!!!!!

Mike

5 inches in NW MN with a 30mph wind means the ditches are full to the highway, big drifts behind the shelterbelts, and no snow anywhere else. grin.gif

The parents called and said its getting pretty nasty in the Crookston area.

Quote:

May get 1-3" tonight plus 1" on Wednesday.

Finally some tracking snow for the muzzleloader.

Thats what I was thinkin' too, still have a couple Doe tags to fill if I want but with the freezing water my mind is starting to wander back to fishing ooo.gif looks like it is going to be very cold this weekend too unless they have changed that. Hopefully we get the snow they are talking about, good start to a base and the weather forecast looks favorable for keeping it too.

Winter should start like this every year, except a little earlier wink.gif

Mike

Total of about 8 inches in Ely as of now. It fell in two separate systems this week.

Shook the dust off my old fishing sled, a 1980 Yamaha Exciter 440. Cleaned the plugs, shot some starter fluid into the air intake and she fired off and idled on the second pull, just like always. Last year's gas was fine (put seafoam in it last spring), the track spun right away, and off I went into the fresh powder for a jaunt around Finn Hill. Yes! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

It sounds like (if the goofs are right) that the heaviest near the Cities will be South and East. Would anyone like to point out a good trail system in that area that isnt all cornfield riding (too bumpy) and doesnt rely on water (not frozen yet). Just two riders probably going on Monday.

the latest is the heavy snow will be west of the cities and up towards duluth. 6-12 inches possible with 10-16 inches near superior. got the snow blower ready, the new sled is fueled with 100-1 break in mix, the fish house is ready, just need to fix up the poles. winter is back! grin.gif

Started snowing here at 7:30, we were not suppose to see anything until noon or better......... must be a good sign!!! grin.gif

If it keeps up like this, it won't take long to add up today.

FINALLY !!

Happy Birthday Steve........

Quote:

Started snowing here at 7:30, we were not suppose to see anything until noon or better.........

same thing here. By about noon we already 3" on the ground. Who knows how much we'll actually end up with, all I know is that I think my sled has a bad o-ring around the waterpump and is slowly leaking coolant mad.gif. My sled is at the shop right now. That's how I knew we would actually get snow this time around.

THAT SUCKS !! but if that's what it takes for us to get some snow, just keep your sled at the shop for a while..... grin.gif

Seriously, it's adding up pretty good around here, just got in from deer hunting, must be a good 6 - 7 inches or more out there, I HOPE it keeps on for a while yet, the lakes are going to be a mess but they will recover.

Well, that pretty much does it, sleds are coming off the trailer tomorrow, give them a once over, maybe even take the Mtn Cat for a spin!

Maybe more for Mon - Tues.... we must be doing something right up here this year.

Mike

Its all white here with about 5" on the ground and the sleds are running on the streets. I fired up both sleds and am planing on running the ditches on Sun. It sucks for making ice but it might be a good year for sledding. Happy Holidays.

We put a few miles on the sleds tonight just running up and down the corn and soybean fields. We just bought our sleds a couple weeks ago, I haven't rode snowmobile for a few years and let me just say it is great to be back into it! Now if the helmets, bibs, and jackets we ordered would just show up!!! It was a little hard to see tonight with my ATV helmet and the blowing snow.

fishtrapgirl

About a foot of snow at Kabetogama/Voyageurs Park area. Trails have been hand-cleared, groomer is out packing the trails. Lakes and rivers are freezing but not safe but the trail systems looks like it will have a great year! Put 60 miles on in the last 2 days!

LET IT SNOW!