• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need your input......too good to be true?

DTro

Currently in the market for an ATV. I had a few three wheelers when I was younger, but other than that, pretty much a novice.

Will be used mainly for ice fishing and some trail riding (probably 2 up with the wife).

I stumbled across an 05 Suzuki KQ 700EFI that was listed at 2600. I contacted the seller for some more info.

He sent some pictures with description and it looks in exc condition.

Here's the kicker.

He says he is located in UT. He said for ease of transaction he would set up a private auction in hsolist. I could then buy it that way to protect myself, he would then ship it for free.

I gotta throw the talk flag on this one, but maybe I'm missing something.

41_3.jpg

I guess while were at it, please feel free to offer any suggestions for a "first time buyer".

I will also need a trailer as well.

Let's try to keep it civil with the brand loyalty wink.gif

Was the buy it now price listed at $2600? If so, did the seller give a reason why it is listed so cheap? How much feedback has the seller gotten, and is it positive. And you say he is willing to ship it for free all the way from Utah. That alone has to be worth a couple of hundred dollars. I would have to think that that machine is worth around $4500. Judging from the picture, it appears to be in very nice condition cosmetically. I would be a bit leery myself because it is on hsolist, the price is very, very cheap, and the seller is also wishing to ship it from Utah for free. Makes me wonder if the seller is the actual owner of the machine.

hsolist is supposed to be secure, but what I would do is offer to meet him somewhere, maybe half way, or a little over halfway for you. that would tell you if he is legit, and if he balks at it, you know its a scam. that way you get a look and a test drive before committing. on the surface it does smell funny, but a little checking on your part might end up with the deal of a lifetime.

Quote:

Have him fax a copy of the registration of that quad and you can call said state's motor vehichle division to confirm ownership. Looks like a nice quad, for some reason the background in that picture don't look like Utah.

Hooked

This brings up another idea. Ask him for the address in the picture, then go into google earth or local live and verify the houses in the photo.

I have a strong feeling he's going to go on the offensive and start playing the trust card.

To be honest with you, it seems like I've seen this pic before on another atv site where someone was asking the same question.

Don't even bother with it. I've seen that exact same photo posted on a different atv HSOforum warning of a scam. He wants to do it through hsolist so it seems like a secure transaction but in reality it's not.

Yeah, really too good to be true. See this all the time on hsolist. There was a 2006 rhino at 3188 last week which is rediculous. Skid loaders have same thing often. More than likely it is a scam. If you want to try it do as the others do. Get proof of serial number, registration etc. Play CYA to the max.

I ran into the same scenario on hsolist for a skidsteer. Wanted me to put money in hsolist account. After listing it on Mpls site, turns out it was in Montana so when I indicated I wanted to come and look at it, he said he was too busy. Still pushed for my info. BIG RED FLAG

Imagine that, quick reply every time until I said I wanted to come out and see it.

Now I see an '04 Sportsman 500 on hsolist for $1500. I bet it's not in MN smirk.gif

Just for the heck of it, I'm going to ask.....

I like toying with these (Contact Us Please) if they present themselves to me. Dont give them any personal info about yourself and then proceed to completely jerk them around.

it's sad, but folks actually fall for these scams and lose tons of money.

ps - kind of off-topic but those phishing emails are dangerous. Looks like it comes from hsolist, you click on the link and few moments later- bingo, they have your password. Then they can put ads up and scam people using your good feedback.

My wife received an email from hsolist about the purchase of a $400 video game system - which she knew nothing about. Thinking her account had been hacked, she urgently clicked on the link to see what was going on........and THEN the hacking begins!