• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty 4

Meaney

Call of Duty 4 is the main game I play online, xbox 360. I'm prestige 10 level 55. I find HQ to be one of the best gametypes to get large amount of points per match. Oh and completing your challenges will also help you level up quicker.

If your good Search and Destroy is another gametype to consider playing. Each kill gives you 50 points, and an assist is 25 points.

My favorite weapons are the mp5 and m4. perks depend on what gametype I'm playing.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't think the new GTA is over hyped. I think it is an amazing game, very fun to play. I switch between playing GTA and COD4. Once I finish GTA in single player then its back to only playing COD4.

However I don't really like GTA online, not very fun in my opinion.

You can't compare GTA and COD as they are completely different types of games. I haven't played anything as of recent but I sold my old TV and bought a new one and got everything all hooked up last night, my old HDTV looked good but this new setup is amazing, finally running the 360 in 1080P. Went from a 5yr old 55" Mitsubishi rear-projection 1080i HDTV to a 52" Samsung 1080P 120hz LCD. I am still in ahh, it like playing a new game.

Berky, whats your name tag? Mind if I send you an invite?

By the way, I'm still playing. Some of my friends say COD4 is still better than GTA 4. I also think people will be coming back.

SgtWhiteFeather

Well, it is official! When we got the new Plasma a friend recommended PS3 as a blu-ray player. Get the benefit of a great blu-ray and a gaming all in one console. Well now I might be regretting it, got COD4 and started off slow, but now I am a junky!! Sometimes playing until 2:00am in the morning when I gotta be up at 6:00am. Not just one night either 2 or 3 in a row - one-who-thinks-I-am-silly! I can't get enuf of this game. Trash talkin is a little ridiculous on-line but what fun this game is.

I seemed to have come to a stand still in my abilities though. Any tips from the experts on how to become better!!

if you seem to be getting killed more often than not when it is you and an enemy straight up, i reccommend using weapons with grip add-ons like the rpd, or even using the m4 with the red dot sight, it is pretty accurate. also, use stopping power. if youre less accurate at least your hits will be worth more. oh, and always use martyrdom. it is the poor players best friend. kills when you get killed. nothing beats seeing the +10 when you are waiting for the respawn. oh wait, +20 is even better.

What are you playing? Hardcore or regular? On regular, stopping power is a must. I on regular, UAV jammer is [PoorWordUsage] unless your using a silenced gun... I personally like bomb squad for my blue perk because I'm a run and gun player and really don't like getting blown up by claymores. On certain levels, like kill house, shipment, I'll use martydom, but other wise its last stand with a Deagle.

I am not sure what you guys are thinking. BOMB SQUAD MARTYDOM NO UAV. If you use an M-16. Deep Impact, Stopping Power, the deep impact can cut through anything even Juggernaut. Secondly if you are doing alot of running and gunning don't use an RPD (TOOOOOO SLOW) the MP5, P90, 74U are your best options, and run all Sub Machine Guns with Steady Aim/Maybe Extreme conditioning. You want fast easily handeled guns.(RPD that is not) I'll take anyone on in a confined space with my mp5 over any thing else. With Steady aim another thing that I learned is when you are not quite next to them start off from the hip and then bring the gun up(Deadly Accurate) kinda like a Socom Quick Snipe. If you play with good players in a room ask them what they are shooting. Certain Maps call for certain perks/Guns. On vacent I snipe quite a bit. M21-Stopping Power-3 Frags-Deep Impact. On Count-Down(M40-Stopping-Deep Impact-Bandoleer). I could go on for paragraphs on this. The last two things that I completed before I finished all of the challenges was, Last Stand and Martydom. Kill them first is the main goal. I am much happier hitting you in the head with a nade then getting one or two kills a game from Marty-LastStand.

I'm a run and gunner style player. I like to be able to maneuver quickly, so I use sub machine guns the majority of the time. My favorite is the MP5, a beast. I prefer to use the red dot attachment on most of my guns. 3 frags, stopping power, and steady aim are the perks I use. Some maps like showdown, countdown, etc. I prefer to use assault rifles. For assault rifles I like the M4 and Ak47, with the same perks. The only map I snipe on is bloc, other than that I don't.

The best way to get better at this game is gaining experience. Try out each weapon with different perks and attachments to determine which suits you're playing style the best. Getting familiar with the maps, knowing the common hiding spots, etc. is very important.

Ok so i just got an xbox about a week ago and i got COD4. The problem is i cant figure out how to hook it up to my internet. It came with an ethernet cable, but it is not long enough to reach my computer and my dad is dead against moving the computer elsewhere for me. My question is do i need to buy a $100 wireless adapter or is there another way i can hook it up to my internet?

Well, I have my computer on the second story of my house and the xbox is in the basement... I wanted a cable connection over the wireless option for better gameplay. So, I bought a long ethernet cable and ran it down through the walls smile

Took awhile to do it but it worked. Good luck

D-link makes a wireless N DGL-4500 gaming router that is spendy but is really fast. Last time I checked they were in the $170 range at the internet discount stores. If you go with a N router you won't have any range problems and they also are backwards compatable with the B and G frequencies. I upgraded to cable internet and have my PS3 wired directly, and usually end up hosting the game.

i do have the xbox wireless adapters and have never had any problems with range. computer is upstairs, xbox is down. $100 isnt bad for the ease of setting it up. all you do is put the adapter on the 360, go to the network settings and enter some stuff. the xbox basically does the rest.

Quick question what internet speeds are you guys running to play COD or other games online?

We're looking to switch to quest internet and it has speeds up to 1.5 mbps. Do you think I would run into any lag or other issues playing at this speed?

You will be very happy with the Qwest internet. With the Qwest Silver (1.5mb download/896kb upload) you will have more than enough capabilities. We run 2 Xbox 360's on Xbox live at the same time with no issues.

if you go to speedtest (dot) net and click on the closest (yellow server) and it will give you your speeds. I'm on charter cable internet 10mbps that really rocks. 16 is also available in my area through charter.