• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I Need HELP!!

OrionsX0

Your string has stretched and the peep will need to be repositioned. If this is a constant problem you may need new strings. If you can do that yourself than its no big deal.

If you take it to a shop they can offer more options. If you need new strings than you need them so that might help, but if your string is good and you just need to fine tune your peep position there are ways of straightening it out by crossing fibers from one side of the peep to the other to counteract twist. It means choosing individual strands out of a 16 strand string and should be done by a pro if you're not familiar.

I had same problem. Figure it was string stretch but was wrong. I just had to repostion my d-loop. It twist on your string if you shoot alot and just twisting it back to wear it started should do the trick. Good luck.

I know lots of people are going away from the rubber hose that attaches to the peep, but I have used one ever since they first came out and have NEVER had a problem with my peep not opening up. Needs to be changed every year or so but it always works. IMO, this is much easier that dickin' around with trying to seperate strings, etc.

Did I mention that it ALWAYS works? grin.gif

Donbo, I agree with you, I think that the odds of a hose breaking while drawing back on that buck are a lot lower than having the peep twist when it isn't attached. If you inspect the hose often, it is pretty reliable. If it starts cracking, I just cut that piece off and roll some more over it.

Readjust your string loop so that it rotates your peep in the right spot. If you don't use a loop and attach right at the string with your release then you need to either get a new string or readjust the peep in the string. There are a few no twist strings out there that are a good option if you need to replace your string.

If you are unsure how to fix it make sure you go to your pro shop and have them do it for you.

I agree with DonBo, never had a problem I have the rubber hose attached, and change it every year, or actually the pro shop does it for like $5-7 depends on who does it. it is like the cheapest maintenance you can do.