• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Springsteen fans?

Jorgie

I used to be a huge Boss fan, loved his stuff way back to the Greetings from Asbury Park albumn. The fact that I refer to it as an albumn should show my age. Went to see him in concert a few times and he always put on a great show. BUT, there is always a but, in the past few years, Bruce seems to want to spew his political beliefs while he is on stage. Since I am 180 degrees opposite of most of his beliefs I wish he would just shut his pie hole and sing (yea, I know that is impossible, but you get my drift) I would hate to dish out a few hundred bucks to go and listen to him bash Bush. I am paying to hear Born To Run not to listen to him Run His Mouth!

Windy

I saw his new video the other day, and it thought it was a pretty good song.

My hat is off to him as a songwriter. He has never really been one of my mainstays in the CD player however. The Nebraska album is one exception - I love that thing. Stripped down raw songs with minimal production. It sounds great to me.

The politics stuff never really bothered me. If that's his muse and he gets good songs written, I am cool with that. There are a lot of political artists out there that are far from my political views (Springsteen being one), but if the song is good, I take it for a good piece of work.

I have always liked some of his stuff but never been a big fan. I had heard he put on a concert that was out of this world as far as energy and entertainment. I went to a concert a few years ago as my wife is a huge fan. I have probably seen 40 or more concerts in my life and he wasn't even in the top 10. Energy was so so, length of playing time was 90 minutes, song list was good as he mixed in the old and the new. I left feeling like I was either cheated or deceived.

Fish,

If that is true, he must have really fallen off. I saw him back in the day and he went 2 hours solid, took a 20 minute break, got his back rubbed (he has a bad back) and changed his shirt and then pumped another 2 hours into the crowd. High energy, great show and no political comments. Like I said, that was back in the day, early 80's.

Windy

That is the kind of stuff I heard and was hoping for. This was just a couple of years ago (2003?) It was the tour for his "Rising" album. Maybe we caught him on a bad night but even the die hard Bruce fans I was with thought he came up a little short of his show rep. It was not a bad show by any means but fell short of expectations.

You know. Kind of like my Twins. They weren't horrible but they certainly left you wanting a little more. grin.gif

Quote:

length of playing time was 90 minutes

I missed the show, but... Are you sure you didn't leave at intermission? Here is the set list and few notes

30-Sep-2002 Saint Paul,MN Xcel Energy center,USA

Soundcheck included: Nothing man [?] / Restless nights

01 The rising

02 Lonesome day

03 No surrender

04 Prove it all night

05 Further on (up the road)

06 Empty sky

07 You're missing

08 Waitin' on a sunny day

09 The promised land

10 Worlds apart

11 Badlands

12 She's the one

13 Mary's place

14 Nothing man

15 Countin' on a miracle

16 Racing in the street

17 Into the fire

18 Dancing in the dark

19 Ramrod

20 Born to run

21 My city of ruins

22 Born in the USA

23 Land of hope and dreams

24 Working on the highway

Notes:

The band returns on stage for W.O.T.H. after land of hope, and it seemed to have been a last-minute decision. The show length is now established to 23-24 songs

Note about next show - 04-Oct-2002 Boston,MA Fleet Center,USA

The longest show yet of the tour, at 26 songs and just over three hours.

Been a Springsteen fan forever - he and I graduated from the same HS and he used to play at some of our HS dances. He was a few years ahead of me. In fact, Born to Run is basically about our mutual home town. Lots of the images he used in his first three albums were about growing up in the area where we grew up. First saw him in concert at the Meadowlands in the late 70's and it was awesome - I still think he gives the best show in Rock althogh they apparently are not as long as they used to be - 4 hours was the first one I saw.

That said, beginning with the last election when he got so blatantly political, I have not bought his music or gone to his concerts and will not do so again until he changes his tune (pun intended). I hate it when musicians or actors try to use their celebrity to sway voters. Who cares what they think?

Also used to go to the bars on the Strip in Asbury Park, NJ and see him play at the Stone Pony (drinking age was 18 then).

Daze Off

I don't think we left early. I was driving so I know I was sober enough to know the difference. I will have to ask the wife what she remebers. I remember the conversation the group had about the dissapointment of the concert but maybe I am mixing details. It was a few years ago and certainly could be off on the time it took.