• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

College Hockey

wallmounter

I'm still not convinced that peltier should be captain. He is mediocre at best. He cannot make the big time clutch plays and still makes JV style plays with the puck in front of the net. It's sad when two freshman D like bickel and fairchild show more poise on the ice than a senior captain. Don't get me started on anderson; his last 6 games may be a fluke, cause he hasn't performed really well in the past 3 seasons. Schack. that guy is terrible. scratched again last night. enough said.

I like the "youth" D for the gophs; they show the most promise and they are more typical of gopher defensemen. As far as the gophs making a run, unlikely but anything's possible in this day and age. The funny thing is, once I resigned to the fact over the xmas break that this team wouldn't amount to much this season, my opinion of the team changed, I enjoyed watching the past few series more, even if they didn't win, and they actually look like a somewhat better team. I think the exit of okposo and the entrance of carman has breathed new life into this team. Hoeffel hasn't been too bad either...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'll just assume that you didn't think much of Peltier last night when he had the wide open net and it looked like he was using a telephone pole instead of a hockey stick! \:o

I agree he is not the highly talented defenseman that Gopher fans are used to seeing on the blueline!!

Originally Posted By: Wapiti
So I'll just assume that you didn't think much of Peltier last night when he had the wide open net and it looked like he was using a telephone pole instead of a hockey stick! \:o

I agree he is not the highly talented defenseman that Gopher fans are used to seeing on the blueline!!

you crack me up. hopefully the squad will have a full showing tonight

Don't get to high TO, it will be a higher fall in 2 weeks when UM meets UND grin.gif

Man the WCHA is tough again this year, up until this last weekend ALL 10 teams were in the teams under consideration (TUC) for the pairwise. Now UAA is out and Mankato is the last TUC team. Every WCHA game is huge for NCAA seeding and placement. Look at the pairwise and you see that UND, Denver and CC have almost as many WINS as Michigan and Miami have games played against TUC's. Just shows how weak and watered down the CCHA is compared to the WCHA.

My thoughts for this last weekend are such:

1) I think UND stole a win on Friday at MSU, they deserved a tie not sure about the W.

2) Mr. Kangas is making it look awfully tough for Lucia to put in Mr I can't stop a shot coming from outside the zone.

3) The battle is on and it is going to be fierce for spots 4-8 in the WCHA tourney.

It's a great time of the year, enjoy the games, I have tickets to the UND-UM series in 2 weeks and already can't wait.

GO SIOUX

Quote:
1) I think UND stole a win on Friday at MSU, they deserved a tie not sure about the W.

UND still got the Win! \:\)

Quote:
It's a great time of the year, enjoy the games, I have tickets to the UND-UM series in 2 weeks and already can't wait.

I will be there too on the Saturday night game (Feb. 2nd)

backstrap, Roseau's Aaron Ness is obviously a very smart student as he is completing his junior and senior years this year to join the Gophs next year. Connection between being that smart and deciding to play for the Gophs...?

Also, does anyone know where I can find the boxscores for the UND games? I looked at the Grand Forks PD blotter and to my astonishment it wasn't there? I'm puzzled!

backstrap, Roseau's Aaron Ness is obviously a very smart student as he is completing his junior and senior years this year to join the Gophs next year. Connection between being that smart and deciding to play for the Gophs...?

Also, does anyone know where I can find the boxscores for the UND games? I looked at the Grand Forks PD blotter and to my astonishment it wasn't there? I'm puzzled!

Sioux hockey HSOforum with box scores . . .

Good thought Wapiti, However I believe you're barking up the wrong tree with that one! Aaron Ness is a bright young man and an unbelievable hockey talent. After listening to his interview during the Warroad/Roseau game the other night I tend to think he wants to spread his wings and move from that area and experience the "Big City" as he called it. No doubt he will improve the below average Rodent blueline and team overall. I stll think he'd look good in a UND jersey! Go Sioux!

That's funny because I was looking for where Frazee's brain is on shots from outside the zone and I couldn't find it. Guess I shoulda checked with the coeds at Blarneys. grin.gif

Now that there is just plain funny.

Fighting Sioux flag flying high over my yard. Not expecting to have to take it down anytime soon during their historically strong part of the season.

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
I hope you were joking about the WCHA being tough again.

They are worse than last year with just 3 slighly above average teams.

I completely agree that the WCHA this year compared to the WCHA last year is a lot weaker. BUT, comparing the WCHA to the rest of the leagues and how tough each WCHA teams conference schedule is compared to other leagues there still is no comparison. Look at the "mighty" CCHA, if I recall you only play 3 out of 11 of the teams in the league for 2 series. WCHA plays more than half the teams in 2 series. Michigan and Miami have the 23 and 31 toughest schedules, no wonder they are 1-2 in the polls. Meanwhile, the WCHA has 8 out of the 10 toughest schedules by team.

I get what you mean...I think... .....but in fairness to the CCHA which has the defending National champion team in their conference all Michigan and Miami can do and have done is out play the WCHA teams they have faced this year!

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
I get what you mean...I think... .....but in fairness to the CCHA which has the defending National champion team in their conference all Michigan and Miami can do and have done is out play the WCHA teams they have faced this year!

Originally Posted By: Team Otter
Oh yeah, don't worry; still diggin' the WCHA.

Good to hear, I thought you guys might be going ESPN east coast bias on us grin.gif

While it's been a ho-hum year so far in the WCHA, keep in mind that 9 out of the 10 teams are TUC (top 20 in the Pairwise) and 3 out of the top 5 are WCHA.

I think, with the exception of Michigan and depending on seeds, a WCHA team will take back the trophy. CC, DU and UND could get top seeds (CC and DU most likely, along with MI and Miami).

Originally Posted By: Bobb-o
supposedly the funding is being finalized on the new arena/event center, but they have been saying that for a little while now. I am still amazed at the stupidity of the university for turning down Ralph Engelstad all because he wanted to name it after himself.

Did I here this correctly $20,000,000 for a New sports complex and Hockey arena for the Beavers.

Congrats!