• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AC vs YAM 700

Ryan_V

the cold start issue has nothing to do with it having twin carbs. I had the KFX 700 (basically the same motor). They came from the factory jetted lean for CA emissions. I re-adjusted the air/fuel mixture screws and it was fine. Not perfect, but fine. A jet kit will take care of the issue.

Actually no, it wasn't. Once in a great while, it would cough, but it wasn't very often (depending on the conditions). As I mentioned, a jet kit would have totally taken care of the issue since Kawi jetted their machines lean to meet emmissions. In the winter time it would fire right up when it was 15 degrees or warmer, with full choke until running, then I would cut back to about half until the idle would start to rise.

I've got a Prairie 650, Dad's got a Prairie 700, that 700 starts and runs much nicer than my 650, my 650 is very cold blooded compared to that 700. I've heard that a jet change will cure this but I haven't done it yet.

Mike

thanks perch!!! the topic did get off subject somewhat, but that's o.k.!!! were here to discuss. So far I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I just love the limited edition paint job as well as the other extras that come with the LE. the speedrack was a big plus too, I'm one that likes to accessorize my new purchases and this makes it easy!!!

Quote:

Just out of curiousity, is your new LE the Orangish paint? If so, just for a heads up they had some issues with the paint peeling on them when they first came out.Hope it's not yours?

That hasn't been a problem but for the very first run. They don't even have that color anymore, but they do have a very nice gunmetal blue that is automotive-style paint that looks quite nice.