• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Remakes

zamboni

Some of my favorite song remakes- I think these are all better than the originals:

1. Hazy Shade of Winter- remake by The Bangles, original by Simon and Garfunkel

2.Radar Love- remake by White Lion, original by Golden Earring

3. Boys of Summer- remake by The Ataris, original by Don Henley

4.Mama Told Me Not To Come- remake by Three Dog Night, original by Randy Newman.

Whats everyone elses?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to say just about every song Guns N Roses have redone have all turned out pretty good as well, from Live and Let Die to Knockin' on Heavens Door to Hair Of The Dog to Sympathy For The Devil

Johnny Cash- "Hurt" (Original: Nine Inch Nails)

Johnny Cash- "Personal Jesus" (original: Depesch Mode)

Led Zeppelin- "In My Time Of Dying" (original: ?, Dylan also did this song on an album in 65', but did not write it)

Janes Addiction- "Sympathy for the Devil" (original: Rolling Stones)

Hendrix- "Like a Rolling Stone" (original: Dylan)

Animals- "House of the Rising Sun" (original: Dylan)

Sublime- "Scarlet Begonias" (original: Gratefull Dead")

The Gourds- "Gin and Juice" (original: Snoop Dog)

If anyone ever has or had the oppurtunity to hear The Replacements and their limited release tape of "The Sh*T Hits the Fans" you'll hear some of the greatest/worst/funniest covers ever especially Bad Co. "Can't Get Enough of Your Love". They also do killer version of Kiss' "Black Diamond"

Quote:

It is an ice shack getting bashed.

I have a group of guys I have been fishing on local lakes with for many years. One night on Martin Lake by Linwood, we were ice fishing late at night during the week. It was very cold and we were in portables that were shut up tight. No one could see we were out there. Well around 1:00 am we heard a truck racing around on ice. All of a sudden, were could hear truck ramming into something. We came out of our porties and watched these crazy kids or men ramming into shacks left and right. This was in the days before cell phones and ice was thin enough were we walked out to fish, so we could do nothing but watch. I was young and the other guys were also, so we thought is was kind of cool then. Now I think different. So our group started a "kind of" urban tale about the shack basher. We also coined other terms while ice fish (I used to ice fish 6-7 days a week, so you think of weird things during this time)like shack back, shack(Contact Us Please),shackbashing and other terms we thought up while ice fishing. It all ended up rolling into "shackbash". When ever we are out at night and we hear a truck racing around on ice, the tail of the shackbasher always comes up and to this day when I hear that racing truck, my neck hairs stand on end.

Oh! the picture was a drunk that bashed a shack, it was e-mailed to me by one of the buddies who was out on Martin Lake with us, that night.

Above is a what I wrote the last time someone asked my about the picture.

12617a.jpg

I thought that was a picture of a car that rear-ended a towed fish house a few years back? I remember seeing it on the news. Woman just drove right up the backside of it and I thought she had been talking on her cell phone or something.

When I got it, I was told it was a drunk.

You never know the real story of an E-mail.

Very good remake, Scar face!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it is a movie!

Basically the whole carrier of "Quit Riot", how many songs did they get from Slade?

The Best Remake - Hendrix "All Along The Watchtower"

Honorable Mentions

Metallica - "Turn The Page" The seger version is great as

well

Goldfinger - "99 Red Balloons" They even sing part of it in German

Dropkick Murphys - "Amazing Grace" Pretty cool track. I think one of the new shows on Showtime is using it for the theme song or at least for advertising it.

For laughs you can't beat anything by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. You haven't lived until you have heard the punk versions of sings like "Rocket Man", "Take It On The Run", or "Stairway to Heaven".