• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Princeton Tec Aurora LED headlamp. Gotta have one!

hawgTime

I got to use it last weekend for deer hunting. It puts all other lights to shame. It seems to have a nice beam, but still manages to produce sufficient light 180 degrees to provide the neccessary walking light. The tilting feature proved useful when I was climbing up and down my tree. I just tilted the light down and then didn't have to bend my neck in a 90 degree angle to see where my pegs were. If you're thinking about getting one, you're thinking correctly. You will never find a better lighting system. The light is extremely white, just like those bright headlights i'm always complaining about on the road. Flying fish was set up 1/4 mile away separated by dense woods and swamp and he said I stuck out like sore thumb. I'll make sure to shut it off next time. Its well worth the cash.
Some one was talking about putting them in the portable. Two would not be necessary. And rick I beg to differ about the light being directional. Yes, it has a steady beam, but it also puts out a pretty good amount of lights in all directions, but not nearly as bright as the main beam.

[This message has been edited by Bigguns3 (edited 11-13-2002).]

I ordered mine monday afternoon and it arrived today (thursday). Amassing technology. This thing lights up a big area unlike regular bulbs that cast a narrow beam. This light is all you would need in a Fish Trap. Plenty of light for tying hooks. Its one of those pieces of equipment you pull out and show your buddies with a s__t eatin grin on your face. smile.gif
I put it on and then put my cap on so it fits under the bill, works great like that.
I was thinkin I would have to cycle threw all the light modes to turn it off but not so.
You don't have to worry about batteries going dead in a couple hours either. Oh and it comes with batteries too.
Make this light a present to yourself, you deserve it. smile.gif

Got mine several days ago. Used it for the first time on first ice today in NW Wisconsin.

Ahhhh. Many's the time I've towed my Fish Trap II in by hand from a mile out on some really dark wild snowblown lake, with one hand on the rope and the other shoulder getting sore holding up my propane lantern to see with. Sheesh, who needs that? I'd rather make my shoulder sore lifting cold ones. grin.gif

No more. Had the lantern tonight, and that was good to reflect off the tip-up flags, but come time to break it all up for the night, how sweet to have two hands free and all the light you need, not to mention the beam portion is hinged, so you can swivel it downward so you're not digging your chin into your neck to put the light where it needs to go.

Who needs the extra propane cylinders for the lantern anymore, I ask you?

Yeah, $25 is pretty dear, but this is sooooo nice.

------------------
Steve Foss
Superior, Wis.
[email protected]

I used the headlamp this weekend, awesome product, bought it off this site and it was here in 3 day's, also got the big dipper ice scoop, very happy with both. fishing in the trap you don't need a lantern, as a matter of fact I turn it down on low thinking It mite be scaring the eye's. as Rick would say, they are the real deal. If you don't have one, you should get one, No joke..

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

It's directional, so it won't light up the fishhouse like a lantern does at 360 degrees. But it gives off plenty of light. Whoever has it on NEEDS NO LANTERN.

It is bright enough that if the anglers inside a fishhouse had them on, you could do without the lantern. Wherever you look, there's light grin.gif

It has 3 levels of brightness and 2 blinking modes.

So brightness can be adjusted. Shadows can normally be eliminated with a steady stream of LED light.

You can get more info and/or order by clicking here.

I know more of you have your headlamp from FishingMinnesota.com.

What do you think of them?

For myself, I'm thinking I won't need the lantern as much this winter and I'll finally be able to see with good enough light to tie on those tiny ice jigs without cussing a time or two. smile.gif

Saw them the other day at Cabela's. Nice little units! My cousin showed up at deer camp last year with a Petzl (similar design) after he'd seen the little hat brim clip I had for my mini-maglite the year before. Now I like his, and so does my Dad, so I'm getting two, one for me and one for him for X-mas! (Hope he's not reading this!)

------------------
Best FISHES,
Matt

Thank you Rick for responding so fast to our demand for the product. It is a great unit. I purchased my second one from FM at the icefishing show which I plan to use as my overhead lighting in my portable. I may never take my lantern out to the garage agian---just think--NO MORE busted mantles--NO MORE stinky fuel--NO MORE cool-downs--and all you have to do is throw it in your pocket when you're ready to leave.

tecTime

I have to echo the statements above about this headlamp. This is the first time I've used a headlamp, and can't think why I waited this long.

I fish out of a Fish Trap and it illuminates the holes perfect on the lowest setting. The light is always where you need it. No more shadows from the lantern which always makes it tough to untangle and retie. It also made the walk back to the truck easier as you can pull with both hands and not have to carry a lantern or flashlight. Plus when you are back at the truck loading your equipment, you don't have to fumble with a flashlight.

Not sure how it'll work in my 6x8, but so far it's well worth the money.

smile.gif here ya go rick,
i just bought 2 cheap competitors for the light, and found that the brighter ones are very very heavy. if they were lightweight the light was about as strong as a cheap flashlight. i ordered the princeton tec headlight got to my house in 2 days (holy cow rick what u do send a rocket on it right after i hit buy) i turned off all the lights in the house and walk around with this light on. works more than great. the most lightweight model i have seen yet. at first i always laugh at people spending the money on these products but they do work. great product, and at 160 hours, u can use it almost all winter without changing batteries.
on the lake it is great, turned my headlight on and it illuminated the whole fish house.
just thought i would put in a word smile.gif

------------------
Good luck sticking pigs this year!

I just got an Aurora as a x-mas gift. I love it. I've been using a Rayovac that has a regular lightbulb, two red LED's and one white LED. The Rayovac is as lightweight as the Aurora and has the Red LED's that prove their worth when the bugs are out but the Aurora has much better and more versitile white LED lighting. For ice fishing, the Aurora will be the light of choice for me.

I just used mine for the first time tonight. I had to haul my gear up and down a "cliff" t get to the lake ( mitchell ). I tell you what , it was pretty **** slick not having to contend with a hot lantern to light the way. Buy one guys .... you'll like!!

Oh and no I didnt catch anything but I at least I made it out .

I had several ask me for the Princeton Tec at the Rush Lake & Upper Hay Lake gatherings after they saw how easy it was for those of us that had them while they were carrying lanterns around to see there way.

We went through a lot of these at the ice fishing show and many have received theirs form FishingMN.com as well.

They saw how great they were and they had to have em. many bought 2 or more at a time.

Thanks Hawgtime for illuminating us on the Princeton Tec Aurora.

Get rid of the lantern and the flashlight in your mouth.

I know a lot of you have them or have seen them and wished you had one...what do you think????

I got a Croxton Pond bag and the Princeton
Tec headlamp for Christmas (both purchased from FM.com) and really like both. The light has a good main beam, but also has good diffuse light that covers a lot of area.
Scoot

The hubby and I found a new use for these headlamps. Picture this..... here we are sitting at the kitchen table, we both have on our Princeton Tec lights on bright. We were having supper, eating a days catch of northerns and busy picking out the bones. Could see those pesky bones real easy with the lights on. Good thing that no one came a knocking, they just might have thought we were a bit strange. Just another use for such a good little light.

--------

Fishn'Lady

Hey kwkfsh,
obviously it was Hawgtime.

Fishn Lady,
lol, now they can be used for romantic dinners for two grin.gif

Another new use for the Princton Tech. I've got three kids and I hate driving at night with the dome light on. So I strapped the light on the head rest of my seat facing back so my sons could play their games. My wife even said I should purchase another one for the other seat.
WOW, my wife WANTING me to buy fishig equiptment.