• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Princeton Tec Aurora LED headlamp. Gotta have one!

hawgTime

I stopped by REI and looked at these headlamps. WOW! I love um! Can't beleive I didn't know about these things. It's my new obsession, Gotta have one. If you haven't seen these things, you have to check them out. They're $30 (not including tax) at REI, but I found a HSOforum where I can buy 10 for $250, with free postage. I am definitely buying one of these---so I was thinking if I can get 10 guys who live in the Mpls metro who want one, we could buy a lot of 10 and save us all some cash(about $7). Unless of course, someone knows of a cheaper place to purchase them in the metro. So let me know if anyone you're interested.

If we get enough guys, I would order them and we could set up time and day when we could all meet to exchange money and lights--maybe have a few beverages and swap some fishing stories in the process. I live in Eagan and work in Bloomington and Eden Praire, so if a set meeting time doesn't work for you, we could always set up an alternate meeting time for you to get your light. [email protected]

tecTime

I looked at all the different LEDS before choosing the aurora. The feature that sold me on it was the fact that it had 3 levels of light, which I have not seen on any others. I have also seen them on sale several times this summer for $24.99. I am not familiar with the ones sold at Wal-Mart, but none of the cheap lights that I have seen at various places seem to have the quality of the Petzl's and Princeton Tec's. I have found it is much cheaper to buy the best the first time around.

I have been using led headlamps and lights for all kinds of outdoor stuff, in all kinds of weather. I like the petzl tikka for all around use, but always enjoy checking out the new stuff.

[This message has been edited by coldone (edited 10-17-2002).]

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

The Princeton Tec Aurora is New this year and indeed a very nice unit.

You can get them here at an introductory rate for only $26.95.

The suggested retail price is indeed $30.00.

If you want 10 units for $250.00 give us a call at our toll free number (link below) and we'll get them to you.

Click here to see why these are such nice lights to use for Ice fishing, Night Fishing, camping, etc. or to get yourself one.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 10-18-2002).]

Oh yes,
Hawgtime, we didn't carry them until you mentioned it here and I had to go see em. They are great headlamps. They last up to 160 hrs on 3 AAA batteries. Illuminate with little if any shadow. Weigh-in at only 2.7 ozs and are waterproof.

Thanks for the heads up on them. I assure everyone, hawgtime was right about these and also, they have 5 settings (not just 3) and can be angled to illuminate whatever angle you like looking at.

I'm positive I'm going to love mine ice fishing this winter. It's a great little unit.

Again, thanks hawgtime...I know i'm going to love these little babies and remember, I see a lot of these kinds of things that I pass on.

Oh yes, and we will send 10 for $250 no postage.

I forgot one other important item..they have a lifetime warranty as well.

Again, thanks hawgtime...you are right on with this one.

HawgTime, If you want to set up a deal with Rick and buy 10 units, Count me in for at least one (probably two). I have an older head lamp that I use alot. You'll never know how much you needed one untill you have one. This particular model lookes WAY better than the one I have.

I have heard about these lights before.They are very light and very bright.I have another model from Princeton Teck and it is a quality product and can take abuse.They are not cheap flashlights made for blanket tents and sleepovers but real outdoor equipment.I am ordering one!

hawgtime has set-up an order thread for those who want to work out the 10 for $250 deal.

We also have them available for $26.95 and they can be at your doorstep in about 2-4 working days.

I know I get a little excited, but when you find something that really helps out when Ice fishing and then just know it will be great for lots of year round activities, I had to go out and get em for those of you who want great gear for less.

You can see them by clicking here.

I see that there is a lifetime warranty. Where can one find bulbs for these?

Hog I'll take one either way

[This message has been edited by Bigguns3 (edited 10-21-2002).]

I have a Clam Fishtrap II and was wondering if this light would light up the whole fish house where I wouldnt need to use a lantern. I thought it would be nice to eliminate the latern taking up space. Any comments... Thanks

~juddfish

It's directional, so it won't light up the fishhouse like a lantern does at 360 degrees.

It is bright enough that if the anglers inside a fishhouse had them on, you could most likely do without the lantern. Wherever you look, there's light grin.gif

It has 3 levels of brightness and 2 blinking modes.

You can get more info and/or order by clicking here.

So brightness can be adjusted. Shadows can normally be eliminated with a steady stream of LED light.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 10-24-2002).]

Thanks for the info Rick. I am thinking that it would work for me in my fish house cause i am always lookin down the hole. then i can just look away when 1 of those big URL crappies gets off in the hole so I dont see how big it was. Sloughs are freezin up in the Bemidji area....wont be long smile.gif

~juddfish

Sorry I jumped right away and allready recieved mine last week.
I realy like it!It is as bright if not brighter as the lamp I had been using with a halogen bulb that ran on 4 AAs and is about 1/4th the weight.Power will also last 20 times longer than my old lamp.Yes that is 20 times longer!It is so light that you can barely tell its wraped around your head.Something like that is very important to me because I used to get sick of my old lamp on my head and would take it off then fumble in the dark to find it when I needed it.
This is a great product and I would say that it is the best head lamp on the market at any price.
I may sound like a commercial but I don't push product and am not sponsored by anyone.Its just a great lamp!

This is a nice little head lamp! I (thought) I lost my regular one last summer so I picked up the Princeton....Now I have two head lamps. You do need to be careful not to push the button when you don't intend to....I took it out of my tackle box one time and it was already on.

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Happen to look at Walmart at these LED headlamps. There's a 3LED light there that states 20 hour run time in LED mode. Why is this one rated at up to 50-160 hours run time? Both use 3AAA batteries.

Because ours is not a CHEAP Walmart unit. grin.gif
I don't really know the answer Dave, just joshing here.

The Princeton Tec Aurora also has 3 ultra bright white LED's. It has up to 160 hours of burn time. Dave, this is a sweet unit. I have one in my hands right now. It's very light.

This baby is going to see some serious use.

LOL..... I din't buy one yet. I was just curious on what they were so I loked at them closer....in my hand type of thing. I was trying to figure out how I can mount one in each corner of my Otter smile.gif

I think I noticed LED flourescent lights there also. Wonder how they'd function.

It's kind of funny Dave, but I've been thinking the same thing. These babies are bright and last a heck of a long time. I'm thinking about wearing my Princeton Tec Aurora and not using a lantern. They're that bright.

I also was told by T-Bone that they make a LED light that's covered to give off a diffused white light kind of like the Flourescent tubes. That might be worth a try for mounting inside the fish house.

How many of you would like me to look into those LED lights as well?