• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

good problem to have

I know I'm going to sound like a sissy with this e-mail but the boss is really mad at me. My livewells are making the garage smell like a fish house. I leave them open so they can dry out. I have not used any cleaners. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I do the same for the most part.

Drain, rinse and do a little wash down. I suppose you could use some sort of cleaner, but make sure you rinse every bit of the livewell out really well... Unless you plan on using Lye and are making Lutefisk... shocked.gif

Steve

I have used just plain old dish soap and water...scrubbed the livewell down good and then rinsed like crazy....the secret is not to use too much soap...or you end up with bubbles everywhere...just a little will do the trick. I have been doing this for a few years and never had a problem. Just my two cents.

Cliffy.

Quote:

try baking soda, gallon of water 1/4 cup baking soda wash and rinse good to go.

That's always worked for me. Also salt water takes away the smell from a styrofoam minnow bucket that I forgot still had minnows in it and found them a week later, don't see why it wouldn't work on a live well.