• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Photo sharing...Panfish

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is quite funny.

State record BLUEGILL was 2 pounds 13 oz. ... inches N/A.

That bluegill was probably over 15-16 inches long....

You were looking at the wrong species...

You should really try reading the links that you post.

That fish I caught was well over a pound. I've weighed some 11 inchers in the past and they went around 1.3 on my digital scale.

I think it says Photo sharing, not Photo bashing. That's why it's gone.

I'm taking the high road.

I guess I didn't post it for scrutiny, I posted it to "share" it. I'll get some other pictures up as soon as I can get Imageshack to load up.

As far as proving... There is really nothing to prove. I don't owe anyone anything on this site. Supa, come to Northern MN and I can show you Gill fishing, the likes you've never seen.

My dad is driving over from Montana because every year we SLAM big gills. My buddy has a picture of a 13 inch gill from two years ago.

Last night My son and I went out. He likes to run the golf clicker and keep track of how many big gills we catch. I won't even tell you the number, apparently you wouldn't believe it anyway.

To be honest I'm trying to guess how old you are?

God Bless and have a good one.

Last night I took my little guy out again.

Well, I tried to have him hold up this piggy for a picture. Needless to say, he didn't like the idea of trying to hold the ruler next to it.

He could barely hold up this fish.

Something funky happened in the flash too, oh well, still a great picture of my little guy, cracker and all!

Size of this gill will remain anonomous. We caught many this size though.

Golf clicker tally will also not be mentioned.

This kid really likes fishing.

paulsunnieaw2.jpg

Decoy,

I caught a gill that looked to be a clone of the one in the pic. And on the scale I had it came out at 2 pounds even. Shy of the state record but HUGE none the less. I didn't have a tape measure with but it was in that 12 inch range no doubt, I'll have to find the picture I have of it and scan it in so you can see.

After seeing that pic I do not doubt your claim at all, that fish is every inch you say it is.

This is why I haven't posted much on this site over the years. I don't need any more aggravation than I already have. Fishing is supposed to alleviate stress for me, not cause it.

Decoy, that pic of your kid with the fish is priceless. Love the cracker in the mouth. Go back 25 years and make it a Hershey bar, and that's a picture of me that my dad could've taken!

Love the picture decoy, that's definitely one he'll look back on when he's older.

My uncle used to own a resort on Rice Lake chain up in Grand Rapids. One summer (I was about 12) we just pounded the huge sunnies, perch and crappies. That was the first and last time I've caught multiple gills over a pound. Looking back at old pictures, I'm sure a couple of them were in the 1.5 - 2 pound range. Sad thing is, I didn't appreciate it at the time.

I love seeing pictures of big fish. I really don't understand why people come out and bash or rip on others catches. If you don't believe the length, weight, etc then don't believe it. But don't make it a hostile place to post pictures of your great catch. Is it that people are jealous? what? I don't get it. Just enjoy.

Got a full weekend of chasing those bulls & slabs in front of me.

I hope you guys can get out to do some rearin too.The time is right.

If I can muster up some nice fish I'll be back to post.

Again Decoy "World Class man!"

Nice Fish!!!!! It looks like supaman is a bit jealous and does not know his fish and how to read the state record log. Those are bluegills that are shown in the pics and there is no measurement of the state record gill just a weight. Beautiful fish and it always fun to get the kids involved in monsters like that. Keep up the good work and fishing.