• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mr Pike top speed.........any guesses

MUSKY18

Looking at picking up a 2003 Mr Pike 17 with a 135 Optimax on the back end of it. Single console. Any guesses as to what the top speed of the boat might possibly be? Dealer doesn't have any idea's. shocked.gif

In the spring in cool water you could see the other side of 50. In the summer with warmer water I'd say 45+ is probable. I have an 18 foot Lund and I get 48 in the spring and mid 40's in the summer with a 135 Opti.

Quote:

Any guesses as to what the top speed of the boat might possibly be? Dealer doesn't have any idea's.
shocked.gif

I bet the dealer has a real good idea, but the reason they likely won't tell you is that there have been lawsuits filed (at the time they were on high performance boats) when a dealer said it will go XX mph and it didn't make it there.

I'd say 42-48 mph

marine_man

My brother-in-law had the same boat & with him and his 6 year old boy, they could just crack 50 mph on glass water. I will say the boat went fast enough for me & that was when there was three adults and a 12" chop.

I have a Mr. Pike 17 with a 130 yam. I have gotten different speeds in different water conditions. Seems for speed the boat likes some chop on the water to get more air under the hull. The speedos that come with the boat are not the most accurate, GPS is the most accurate. Had the boat speedo up to a hair over 50 already but I would say a general speed would be low to mid 40's maybe a hair more with the V6 your talking about

I have a similiar sized boat with the 115 Optimax. Alot will depend on what prop you have, how much weight you have in the boat including fuel, and lake conditions. I would estimate you will run 45 to 50 MPH GPS.

I've got an 04 Mr Pike 18' with a 150 2 stroke Merc. I can get about 51-52 with just me in it. Stainless 3 blade prop.

Enjoy the boat it is a nice ride!!

This should be fairly close for you

When ever using this for formula always ad 1" to the pitch

The 135 has a 2:00 to 1 gear ratio, rpm range 5000 to 5600.

If you ran a 19 pitch prop here are the numbers

20 (your pitch) X 5600 (your rpms)

Divided by 2:00 (your gear ratio) divided by 1056 = 53mph Theoretical speed

Minus slip aprox 15% = 45 mph boat speed

This is figured that a 19 pitch prop on this boat will turn 5600 rpms.

http://www.soderbloom.com/proprepair.html