• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hole in one at Nissan Open

fishinchicks

I didn't see the actual "live" shot, but saw numerous replays throughout the Sunday broadcast. Rich Beem was the player that hit the shot in Round 3 on Saturday, # 14, a one hopper into the cup. Won himself a new car for his efforts.

Retief Goosen also had an ace on #16 on Friday.

My closest was short by one ball rotation...rolled right up to the cup.......and stopped (180 yd, Par 3). I've never been so mad at my golf ball (and there have been MANY times that I've yelled and cursed at it....it IS the ball's fault for where it goes, right??)

"gonna play next week! maybe it'll come then" i wish i could throw a snow ball that far! grin.gif

a hole in one isn't that common even for the pros!i think i had heard once that the average for the players was 2 or 3 in a life time.

I have never had one (closest was one foot from the hole), but witnessed one while working one a golf course. I was watching a guy tee-off on a 155 yard par three as I was fixing divots on a tee box. I was directly behind him and his shot was a beauty. The ball went straight at the pin, but hit just past it, but rolled back into the hole because of all the back-spin shocked.gif. The shot was followed by a chorus of shouting, which I am sure was heard by the whole course. Best shot I have ever seen.

I've got two under my belt. I've met two guys who have gotten two in one round of golf. Both legit. One guy used to play for the U and the other was a former State Am champ. That's crazy.

i have never had a hole in one but once when I was younger I was at the tee box ready to give it my all when the greens keeper comes over the hill and we let him do his thing and he changes the hole placement.......I am maybe 12 years old so I just try to get it on the green and wouldn't you know it my ball ends up right on the new piece of sod from the previous hole.....probably the closest I will come to a hole in one!!! i have been inches away but that is a shot I won't forget........It is like when you go to a lake and the locals say "shoulda been here yesterday" but in this case I should have hit the ball right away!!!

I've had two lifetime. Both were to elevated greens; shot looked good, got to the green and we found the ball in the cup! Would love to get one some day that I see go into the hole. Playing in a scramble last year and one of my partners left one hangin' about 1/4" from the cup. If it dropped, we would have finished the tournament in a Jeep as our golfcart! He was pretty bummed, as he's golfed his whole life, and never had one. One week later, his wife (who has played 3 years) knocked one in on a 126 yd. par 3 to add insult to injury!

my father has golfed all his life......he has one to his name but it didn't count as he was playing alone and hitting 2 balls keeping score on each ball........so they are rare as he is a pretty good golfer!!!