• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Armor Mitts

Farley

Got a pair of Ice Armor Mits for Christmas. Well, actually I got two right handed mits for christmas, but brought them back to Cabela's for a left and a right, then went out fishing and stuck the gloves all the way down the hole till I could feel the bottom edge of the ice. My hands didnt get wet, all I had to do is ring them out a little (water gets trapped in there somehow), and hung them up in the fish house, then when I was ready to leave they were dry as a bone. I was very impressed with how waterproof they are. Not to mention they are the warmest gloves I've ever had. Good job Ice Armor.

I just got a pair for christmas and so far really like them. I am thinking that they would be perfect in the deer stand as well. For those of you who own them, do your hands get cold when just sitting out in the cold and not moving? I personally haven't tried sticking my hand down the hole, but am thinking I need to field test them on my next trip out. grin.gif

CA

I have the gloves, my hands did get cold this last weekend, I was going across the lake on a wheeler. I have a real good furnace and circulation is not a problem for me. A couple of friends were with me, one had the mits and his were nice and warm...I found this out by sticking my hands in them for about 15 minutes while my hands were going through the painful steps of unthawing. I handed them each one of the gloves and they did not keep them on very long (commenting how cold they were) like what was said earlier if they do get wet on the outside it seems to take a while to dry out, but, your hands stay dry. This was 10:30 Saturday morning on Lake Alexander.

This was my experience, I will not be tossing them out, just disapointed they cost 30 bucks.

I have the mitts and find them to be really warm ,,Im diabetic and my circulation leaves something to be desired,,, For dexterity gloves are better but for over all warmth ill wear mitts ,,and if the fish are biting fast and furious My heart beating fast will keep my fingers warm with out any thing on my hands

Randoid

I had(I stress had) a pair of the gloves that i picked up in Nov. Used them about 6-8 times and between the palm and the thumb started to rip out on both hands. Needless to say I returned them as the $10 gloves I got at Fleet Farm have laste dover 3 years with no rips.

I love my new gloves too. My hands turn in claws when they get too cold and I still love my wool choppers but it's nice to have something that's warm and not bulky too. I'm going to go look at the Ice Armor suits (I noticed someone has posted about those too).

Lisa