• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nerf Bar Recommendations

bgfish00

Question

I am looking for Recommendations on Nerf Bars for my F150 Crew Cab. I am done some looking and I am leaning toward Stainless Steel. Any Brand and Style Recommendations? I saw the Cabelas Brand for Stainless, Any Experience?

Thanks

15 answers to this question

The stainless bars I had on my F150 were made by westin. Can I ask what you are hoping these bars to do? If you just want steps for getting in and out of the truck stick with the "nerf bar" style/ If you want something that is strong and going to support the truck offroad then you might want to look for something else.

Good choice on going with the stainless, I have a 97 Dodge Ram put stainless steel Nerf Bars on as soon as I bought it and they still look good. The main reason I put the bars on to begin with is to prevent door dings, they certainly help with that little problem. A friend of mine put powder coated (black) on his and they rusted after one winter. Sorry can't remember the manufacture but I purchased them at the Truck Store in Long Lake, I believe they also have a store in Rogers.

Go Stainless. I put black powder coated on my ram 3 yrs ago. Last year they started bubbling up around the plastic inserts. This year they look horrible. I have to take them off and put new ones on soon.

Never knew you could Chrome Aluminum?I thought that was a process for steel not aluminum? confused.gifJust wondering.Oh yea, I have another dumb question,What the &*^^ is a Nerf bar?(I'm not up with all the slang these days) grin.gifc63

luverne is the way to go. Lifetime warrenty stainless steel. I have a pair on my last truck. On my current truck I have a set of full luverne running boards. One of the tread pads came off and I talked to the dealer where I got it replaced the tread pad and all the other ones on my truck because the style of the tread had changed.

Well, I went with Nasta Stainless Nerf Bars. I like that the Attaching Hardware is also Stainless Steel so that that will nor go to pot as well. Life Time Warranty, Good Price, Good Shop up here in Rogers and they installed for a good price which was nice given I do not have a heated Shop.