• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins ink Ponson to minor league deal..

CNY Tim

The question is can you fix this guy? If Duncan couldn't do it when he was with the Cards, no one can. I think he's better off back in the bottle, at least he was more consistent then. The thing about Sid is his stuff is good when he keeps the ball down, good luck guys with the experiment...

The twins resurrected Reyes career last year. Let's hope they can do the same with Ponson. Look at their history with pitchers and the guys who leave and fall apart - Hawkins, Guardado, Romoero(even though he sucked when he left here) If they can turn him into a decent 3rd starter that's all they need. Also not a lot of pressure on him to be the best on the staff with Santana already in that spot.

Not a shocker type move and a typical Twins signing. By all accounts though, Rick Anderson is the THE best pitching coach in baseball and if anyone can turn the guy around, he can.

I'd love to see this guy regain his form, because when he was on, the guy was tough to hit. Either way it is low-risk.

It's not gonna matter anyway.

1.Santana

2.Boof-dog

3.Perky

4.Garza

5.Silva

Although our guys are young, and it is NOT advisable to be running alot of rookies out there in your rotation, there are teams that would kill to have those young arms in their system. They have all been at one time considered top-prospects.

?-marks: Baker, Slowey(we'll see him this year I bet)

Sidney can fill in for whoever's stuggling at the time unless he can be righted and become once again servicable.

If they could swing a trade for a proven starter, I am all for it. However, if it was a choice(which it was) from our young guns and some 3rd rate pitcher like Gil Meche, etc, then I am glad we didn't blow our money on a guy that will probably perform pretty equal to what a guy like Garza or Boof will.

Sorry willy, but I think the staff goes like this

1. Santana

2. ?

3. ?

4. ?

5. ?

We have up to 6 or 7 guys to fill in the starting rotation. A couple will get hurt at some point like always. We are in trouble, you cant expect Punto, Bartlet, Tyner and Castillo to have the same carrer type years they had last year. I dont like it one bit. i will still watch every game and the way the Indians fell apart last year and the stinky sox, we may still have a chance to win 5 of 6 division titles.

Go Twins,

Quote:

. We are in trouble, you cant expect Punto, Bartlet, Tyner and Castillo to have the same carrer type years they had last year. I dont like it one bit.

We are in trouble?

Name for me a team that has:

1. Cy Young winner

2. MVP

3. Batting champ

4. Gold glove centerfielder

5. Best closer in the game(arguably)

The Twins are fine. Yes, they have a few spots that can use an upgrade, but so does every team. I like our chances. I will agree though that the rotation other than Santana is shaky at best. The rotation I suggested is what I believe the Twins will be going with, not what I want on the field.

For once, the Twins DO have star power. There is not a better set of lefties on the same team in the game than the M&M boys right now. Santana is the best pitcher in baseball hands down. Our bullpen if not the best, is defintely top 3 in the game.

Like I said, I like our chances. Let's let it play out. smile.gif

Willy, I agree for the most part. But Im a glass half empty kind of guy some times. You kind of sold my point. Punto, Bartlet, Tyner and castillo had the years they did.

1. Cy Young winner

2. MVP

3. Batting champ

4. Gold glove centerfielder

5. Best closer in the game

We had all of this go right and still hardly made the playoffs. We wont be this good all around. Odds are a couple will be better and a few will decline.

Dont forget, no liriano and no Radke.

Yah, and so will everyone else.

All I am saying is that if you expect the Twins to be a team with 9 All-stars out there at all times, you will be disappointed every year. At least next year we will have some name recognition.

Why are we questioning Castillo? By his career numbers, he actually had a down year last year. This guy is a very professional hitter and a great 2B.

We BARELY made it? While we were barely making it, we just happened to stumble to the second best record in all of baseball and we missed having the best record by one game. The Twins had a phenomenal regular season last year. We barely won the division, but if we had lost it, we still had the WC by 5 games.

You guys are all scared the Twins will not be good. Guess what? The rest of the league is scared of US. We are young, talented and have a manager that is a winner along with probably the best GM in the game. I am just as scared as you guys about our rotation, but other than that, we have a very solid team.

WIlly, your starting to get me all excited already and its only January. I guess I did not realize we had the 2nd best record in all of baseball. Im still ticked we lost the opener to Oakland in the first round. Anyway, I am looking forward to another winning season and Im more of a glass half full guy now thanks to you. laugh.gif

No Problem! At least we can get a little talk going again in here. The Twins are Minnesota's only sports hope right now. The tide is turning. Minnesota is once again becoming a Twins town.

In Gardy we trust! Until we get to the playoffs. crazy.gif

in this division, anything is possible, but can you guys imagine next year with all the young pitchers with full years under their belts and the return of f-bomb. its gonna be unbelievable. when can we start buying tickets for the new stadium?