• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WOW!!!

kc0myy

WOW!!! Thats all I have to say when I 1st drove my sled last night. My friend tuned her up. I am new to snowmobileing very new. I got out on a trail and gunned her. Its was fun. This is the 1st time ever on a modern sled too. Its a polaris supersport 488 and it was fast for me. I can't wait in till we get more snow.

Kc,

That's EXACTLY how I felt when I took mine out for the first time. Polaris Sport Touring 550 Fan. I'm sure it doesn't come close to the single seater models, but when I gunned it for the first time, I was very impressed! It was a blast driving it around the lake. This is the first sled i've owned and the first sled I've ever driven or really been on. A couple of years ago, I got a very short ride across a lake, but I don't really count that.

I tell ya, I'm hooked! Pulling the portable out has never been this easy!! I haven't had a chance to do any trail riding yet, but hope to soon. I'm going away for nearly a week up to Ely for the Burntside bash and will probably spend most of my time up there on the sled.

Now, I'm hoping for snow in the North Metro!

Enjoy your new sled! I know I am!

Like Suzuki said, if you think those sleds are fun... grin.gif

My ZR 600 EFI really flies.

Hard to explain the adrenaline rush that comes from accelerating from 0-75mph in a matter of seconds. And then keeping her punched until she's running wide open with your helmet shaking side to side from the wind resistance. Not that I've ever done that before. wink.gif

I remember getting my very first sled when I was 23. Polaris Indy 500. First time on it I was doing 30mph and thought I was going to die! blush.giftongue.gif Few days later I went with a couple of buds on a 40 mile trip. Needless to say, they left me in the dust most of the time. smirk.gif Got used to it though and would've gotten a bigger sled (600 or 700) except I wanted a boat a little more. A few years from now though we'll be getting sleds again for the whole family to enjoy.

Quote:

I love the feeling when your going 80 and you hit the throttle and the thing rips your arms off until 120. whew! I remember why I love the sport so much this past weekend.

Until they ride one a lot of guys don't believe it that these Mach's will actually DOO it. (120) and you know I don't mean kilometers. Just be careful when and where you let her "air out". Going real fast has become a memory of the old days for me. Ever since I hit a deer at 60 mph and lived to tell about it, I have become a little bit gun shy. I used to always lead when we would ride but since then I'm content at any position. I had three Mach's in the past but have "downsized" to a Renegade now. I couldn't be happier since buying it. (unless we had some more snow)

Is it a secret or will you tell me where the pic was taken?

You know what they say....Sooner or later you'll get done by a DOO! cool.gif

My 900 Thunder Cat would eat them V-MAX 800s for lunch

Today, The only sleds to give the Thunder Cats(1000) a run for their money on top end is the new 1000 doo's and Yamahas 1000 four stroke. The four Stroke takes some time to get there but they do have some real top end speed

The new Cat 1000 twin has some catchen up to DOO!

Love my 04 Rev 600HO.

just bought a new 2003 Polaris Frontier 4 stroke for ice fishing and long haul family trail rides...25 MPG and no $25.00 per gallon Amsoil.

I have six sleds, anybody want to buy one...Too Many..Thunder Cat is on the action block

I just bought my first 2 sleds this year, yep I got the itch bad now grin.gif

Its all I think of doing LOL

2000 cat ZL500efi

2002 cat ZL600efi

Been on lots of friends sleds over the years for a quick rip across the field sort of thing

But owning your own is a whole different game. 2 weekends out and I already have my whole family hooked. Mom, dad, 2 brothers, sister, LOL I’m going to have to lock them up soon or they will run the tracks off before I get a chance to ride them again grin.gif

By the way I’m looking to get a few more of them if the price is right.

Feel free to email me, if you’re looking to sell

Matt

[email protected]

Fargo ND

I got a couple of sleds that will make the fan-cooled boys wet their pants.

The little one is a 2000 ZR 500 EFI, and the Big one that requires even me to wear a diaper is a ZL 800 TWIN, and man, thats a ride. The power of a triple with the snap and economy of a twin. They both have the solar hoods that change color from purple to green to blue.

The 800-900 arctic cat twins can easily run 130+ on a good cold day. Personally I took mine up the the right side of the temp guage, and let off the throttle. I'm not sure how fast that was but it was far beyond 100. Scared the dump out of me, not only the speed I was going, but the fact that the speed was still climbing.

S2010007.jpg

S2010005.jpg