• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pac Boot Ideas

gunflint

Question

I could use some suggestions on Pac Boots. My usual store (Cabela's on-line) has dropped the ball this year. I'd like something with a removable liner. I looked at Icemen and wasn't impressed. I'd like to keep them under $150 and I need to order them on-line. Any ideas? Thanks

17 answers to this question

I have Rocky boots from at least 7 yrs ago and they are doing great. A new pair of laces this year and I was back in business. Mine do have removable liners too. I bought my wife a pair of Sorels about the same timeframe ago and hers are doing great. Of course they are Sorels, but they are still pretty good. Removable felt liners are nice but not as great as my Rocky's.

Cabelas does have some nice pac boots. I'm not sure what you mean about them dropping the ball.

Gunflint I hav had Ice KIngs for the psat 10 plus years and love them. If warmth is what your looking for these are great and not ugly like the mickey boots. They are big and heavy though so if you want something light these arent for you. The Lacrosse Blizzard Stockers are nice if that waht ya want. Im not sure if they have a liner though.

Im with Northlander,I have had the same Lacrosse Ice Kings for ten or more years too.Warm and they have a removable lining that is different from the pac style felt type.Anyway these boots have earned thier name and then some.c63 grin.gifgrin.gifStop wishin and go fishin grin.gif

How in the world do you guys manage to get 7 to 10 years out of a pair of boots? I get 2 and I usually buy the good ones. I checked the Cabela's fall Master Catalog and they had a better selection than the on-line catalog. I ordered the Cabela's "Predator Extremes" in brown. Why is it that the best outdoor wear seems to come only in camo? tongue.gif

Not sure how they lasted this long?I dont wear them every day but I do do alot of weekend fishing/hunting.I think I paid 85 clams when I bought them.I think they are around 135 now.I saw a guy with "mukluks"on saturday in the rain and he said his feet were wet but they sure are nice for marching through the thickets in the woods!c63

Even though Cabela's online store didn't show them, I bought my son a pair of Sorel Caribou's for around a $100 and they work great for him. I was surprised to see them in their store at Roger's, MN. Fleet Farm also sold them if your interested.

Gunflint Im on my second liners but I snow seal them every year and they are as warm and dry as they were new. I got a second pair about 3 years ago and hardly wear them. I drilled hex head self tapping screws in my 1st pair and they still dont leak at all.

I am on my 2nd pair of liners in 12 years for my Ice Kings(LaCross).

They are actually pretty light for the warmth they provide.. but they are big and cumbersome and you sure dont want them one size too big!

My only complaint.. I cant drive my truck with them(size 12 feet).. twisting your foot sideways and pushing with your toes isnt ideal for driving.

I drive my truck with my size 15's on short trips around home but wear my shoes going on long trips. Gunflint I cant see you wearing out a pair of ice kings in just a few years unless you cut them up some how.

I used to wear the tread off my sorels in a couple years.. and my feet got cold. The Ice Kings last. I had a pair of LaCross Ice-Man boots before the Kings and the liner wore out on them rather quickly, still more durable than sorel(and much warmer).

Size 15? People have commented more than once saying BigFoot walked by their house with my size 12's.

Northlander... What screws me up driving, I drive a van, not much room between the brakes and the dog-house(engine cover.

Size 15! You could put my 9 1/2s in those for liners. grin.gif I strayed away from Lacrosse's because my Ice Men would only last a season but that's when I was logging and working in the woods is very hard on boots, particularly boots with rubber bottoms. I still do a lot of working in the woods and that's how I end up going through Pacs. It's not the tread or the liners that wear out, I always end up with rips in the sides. In the old days I would put a patch on them to try and get more out of them. Maybe I should treat the rubber once in a while on the new ones. Better yet just have the staff do all the chainsaw work in the winter. The problem with that is kids now days just aren't very chainsaw savvy.

Gunflint. I bought the predator extreme pac boot at cabela's last year. I am extremely impressed with them for everything I do. My feet are always cold and these boots have solved it for me. The boots are insulated and also have a liner in them. The boot is also waterproof which is a plus for ice fishing. You can't go wrong with these. Just buy them one size bigger than you normally wear as suggested by cabela's. Good luck!

I also speak highly of the Ice Kings. I've had mine for so many years I've forgotten how long exactly. Not a good walking boot, but I can't image it gets much better than this for sitting/standing around.

The soles are mine are in great shape, don't understand how they would wear out in just a year or two unless you are walking a lot on concrete, etc.